Rimor Europeo 87 plus (1 Viewer)

Nov 22, 2018
South East but not London
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Five years plus three tugging
Just picked up a new one. The dealer reckons that this model is rarely bought. Dont know why. Its a brilliantly spacious design.

Reactions: Jim
OP
OP
DDJC
Nov 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Sorry Jim, forgot about this. Here you go
living area.jpg
rear electric bed down.jpg
khazi.jpg
4m omnistor.jpg
adjusting car straps.jpg
front bed down.jpg
garage and bed motor.jpg
from door.jpg
shower.jpg

It was planned to be the bus that we can take the boys, but when they would rather not come with us,it wasn't too big for us to manage alone. Looking to get ten years or more out of this baby, pending a lottery win, natch.

The details. 7.15m long + 5m for the trailer. For extras, we went for front and rear leccy beds, tow bar, Truma aircon, 4m Omnistor, G3 Residence awning sides and front, 150hp engine upgrade, Comfortmatic gearbox, oven, spare wheel and an inverter. We also upgraded both mattresses to tri-layer memory foam.

Total cost? Don't ask, as I have never had the nerve to add it all up ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:. North of £65,000 anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• rear electric bed down.jpg
    rear electric bed down.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 32
  • living area.jpg
    living area.jpg
    193.8 KB · Views: 31
  • from door.jpg
    from door.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 29
May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
DDJC Now that you have had it for a couple of year what do you think and would you consider a new one in the future. The 2021 models look quite well specced but have no idea of the reputation of that brand.

Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
Not sure if now is the best moment to be seeking a new van, not from where we live anyhow. Living in the 'black' zone rather limits our ambitions.:(

OP
OP
DDJC
Nov 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
DDJC Now that you have had it for a couple of year what do you think and would you consider a new one in the future. The 2021 models look quite well specced but have no idea of the reputation of that brand.
Basically, we love it. Italian styling, clever use of space. The Europeo 87 is the same model as the Superbrig 87. About 550kg of kit/pax weight, but we used a lot of that for the auto box, 150hp engine, solar panel, Omnistor awning, leccy beds, oven, etc.

I would have another Rimor, but a couple of things to look out for.

1. Like all new buses, check the specs of everything. The standard model coms with a gas only Truma Combi 6. Get it upgraded.
2. Check the sealant round the windows. The rear window on ours had none at all!
3. Took a ridiculous 11 months to get it built and delivered. August is a problem as the factory in Italy seems to shut down for any excuse throughout the year. Arrange for as early a delivery as possible. NEC would be a good place to order it.
4. Ours can seatbelt and sleep 5, but the fifth bed arrangement underneath the centre bed is a bit weird.
5. Internal lighting. OMG, massive overkill. Spots, strips, bars, floods, blue, white. My elder son has ASD and when he is in the mood to light it up, we have Airbus A380s diverting from Gatwick to us. We actually had some removed because they are supplied with a handy tiny LED to show you where they are at night. Problem is that at night its like having a searchlight shining at your face.
6. Rear garage is a good size with doors either side. We had the rear electric bed fitted, so we could dispense with the stupid little ladder to the rear bed, but still carry bikes etc if we need to while travelling.
7. The table is a pain as it is too much in the centre. However, our nearest workshop did a brilliant job moving it 12 inches towards the wall, where it is better for us. You can't see where it used to be and is now much more secure.
8. Not enough shelves in the places where you need them to be. I've put in three myself.
9. There is a tiny key to lower the centre bed. Snaps off with effortless ease, with the bit still in the lock. Change it for a cylinder key lock (we have curious kids) or a simple switch if you prefer. Cost us twenty quid.
10. The double rear belted seat base is pretty flimsy. I have reinforced it.

Basically, like all motorhomes, you buy someone else's idea of perfection then spend years adapting to suit you. Build quality is fair to good, styling is clever, lighting is ridiculous, storage is fine, showers are big enough AND separate from the khazi and sink. And being uncommon, they aren't as expensive as some better known makes. Before adaptations and add-ons, our basic model was about 54 grand.

Happy to answer any specific questions, as I say the Superbrig 87 is exactly the same model.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
DDJC Thanks for that a lot of info to digest.

We do like the styling of them and the pricing seems quite competitive for the specs, considering either the Superbrig 87 or 95 Plus.

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Sorry Jim, forgot about this. Here you goView attachment 368572View attachment 368574View attachment 368575View attachment 368576View attachment 368577View attachment 368579View attachment 368580View attachment 368581View attachment 368583

It was planned to be the bus that we can take the boys, but when they would rather not come with us,it wasn't too big for us to manage alone. Looking to get ten years or more out of this baby, pending a lottery win, natch.

The details. 7.15m long + 5m for the trailer. For extras, we went for front and rear leccy beds, tow bar, Truma aircon, 4m Omnistor, G3 Residence awning sides and front, 150hp engine upgrade, Comfortmatic gearbox, oven, spare wheel and an inverter. We also upgraded both mattresses to tri-layer memory foam.

Total cost? Don't ask, as I have never had the nerve to add it all up ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:. North of £65,000 anyway.
Looks Good to me. We nearly bought a Rimor a couple of times

OP
OP
DDJC
Nov 22, 2018
Funster No
MH
Rimor Europeo 87
Exp
Looks Good to me. We nearly bought a Rimor a couple of times
There is a paucity of Rimor dealers. We went with M and C in Hull.

Have to say that we would not be wedded to Rimor necessarily. Following our inevitable win on the Eurolottery, we'd be off to get a custom built Merc A class on a custom ally chassis with every bell and whistle you can imagine, with a 600 kg payload and auto box, under 3500kg.

Then own the design and licence it back to Hymer...

Bakebeen

Free Member
Aug 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
We brought our Rimor super brig 18 years ago and still going strong.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back