Rimor Europeo 50 Electrics (1 Viewer)

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Hi there experts

I have been asked to sort out the non-functioning 12 volt electrics on the 1999 (I think) version of this motorhome.

First check - the leisure battery. Oh dear. Only 4.9 volts.

I plugged into the mains and much seemed be functioning as it should, EXCEPT the control panel - ArSilicii - wasn't lit up. So dropped it out. Another OH Dear. There is nothing connected to it. Someone, perhaps a previous owner, has linked wires together via a plethora of chocolate blocks. The user manuals, in French or Italian, don't give any help with connections, just how to select the various options on the control panel, and information via the internet is virtually non-existent.

Is there anyone on here who can give guidance, please?

Thanks

john

Jun 12, 2017
Telford
Funster No
MH
A class Pilote
Exp
No can do in assistance but my understanding is if the leisure battery has only 4.9 volts then it’s goosed

Jul 10, 2018
Worcester(U.K)
Funster No
MH
Tamar Ducato160multi
Exp
There are many different ArSilicii control panels. A picture of yours would help identify which one.
Sounds like a new leisure battery is first on the shopping list.
The rest may well be a simple problem easily solved by spending a lot of time and money on. Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pilote87
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Thank you Winger and Stanbrook for your comments. I connected up my mains lead to the input socket for virtually all the daylight hours yesterday. Today, a little before noon, I checked the voltage at 12.54 volts. It may have been that the fresh water pump had been running until the battery ran out of energy.

The circuit board is marked as CNND LCD -1.31-2498 and I am about to do a Google search for it. The female side of the white connection - 4 wires - is still connected to the old wiring, but there is no sign of the black connector.

I have never seen such a rat's nest of wiring

John

Attachments

• DSCF1515.JPG
    DSCF1515.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF1516.JPG
    DSCF1516.JPG
    213.8 KB · Views: 62

Bakebeen

Free Member
Aug 1, 2021
Funster No
MH
c class
Thank you Winger and Stanbrook for your comments. I connected up my mains lead to the input socket for virtually all the daylight hours yesterday. Today, a little before noon, I checked the voltage at 12.54 volts. It may have been that the fresh water pump had been running until the battery ran out of energy.

The circuit board is marked as CNND LCD -1.31-2498 and I am about to do a Google search for it. The female side of the white connection - 4 wires - is still connected to the old wiring, but there is no sign of the black connector.

I have never seen such a rat's nest of wiring

John

If there is a problem with this panel, you can email Arsilcii direct and they do a great service in ref to fixing it., I sent mine to them and they fitted a new face for 10 euro's (that was a few years ago btw)

OP
OP
Pilote87
Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
Thanks Bakebeen. The problem was solved by the installation of a new Schaudt controller and panel. I also carried out a few modifications, including level probes in each of the two waste water tanks with a change-over switch to select the tank level for indication.

It was a useful time to carry out work like that as the lock-down was in full swing here at the time

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back