Free Member
Apr 18, 2010
Mons Belgium
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 584
Exp
Noob
Wondering if someone could give me their opinion of this on a 2.4 tdi 6 speed transit base please?
I see they are Italian, so, are they well made with no major weaknesses, I have seen one in good nick for €21000

I invite your comments:Smile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We used to have a Rimor Sailer 645TC (top of the range) on 2006 model transit and it was lovely! The fittings were superb and it was certainly a quality MH. The Blucamp version is a lower spec one with different windows and cabinet work and less kit.

One thing to watch with them is water ingress - not that we had any but Rimor themselves were very strict that it had to have a damp check every 6 months to keep the warranty valid, I appreciate that this one will be out of warranty but I would certainly ensure that there haven't been any damp issues with it just to be safe.

I would certainly have one again though if I wanted a coachbuilt MH (we have a campervan at the moment), the only reason we changed was because we wanted something a bit shorter - the Rimor was 7.14m and we went down to a Chausson Flash 04 at 6m.

The Transit base was a dream - we'd changed from a Fiat with the gear lever on the dash to the floor mounted Transit and found the latter much more comfortable and it went like a rocket, even with such a large MH on it, so on a smaller one I would imagine it will fly.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back