Rimini recommendations please (1 Viewer)

Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
OkI am leaving Maggiore Wednesday morning for To Rimini I want to be in cycling distance to the Moto GP track. Not 100% sure in going. To go to watch but wanna be close so I have option if I can get tickets. While I am here I may visit Rossi's home town also.
thanks in advance Paul

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
There is a very pleasant SOCA it's like a little campsite owned by a second hand caravan dealer only 5 minutes walk to the circuit.
I'll try and dig out the info tomorrow.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Info here, It wasn't full on race day the oblong green areas with trees in the industrial area had vans parked all around them, On Via Cupa & Via Tavoleto farmers had opened up fields for camping.

High lighted SOCA and Track entrance.
upload_2018-9-4_10-39-7.png

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Thanks Lenny I will look I to it not 100% sure I'm going to race as 1 have no ticket and 2 wife's not herself long story but we very nearly didn't come away.
Anyhow were heading that way tommorow thanks again

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Thanks Lenny I will look I to it not 100% sure I'm going to race as 1 have no ticket and 2 wife's not herself long story but we very nearly didn't come away.
dont know where the race track is but there is an aire almost in the centre of rimini, only a car park but manned 24 hours so very secure its not free but cant remember how much but its an easy walk right to the sea through trees, got emptieing and filling, near the market and buses and trains, must be in searchforsites as thats what we used to find it.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
When we went they were still selling tickets on the Saturday, circuit opens at 5 am on race day we got there about 8:15 it was tight finding enough space to stand in.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
When we went they were still selling tickets on the Saturday, circuit opens at 5 am on race day we got there about 8:15 it was tight finding enough space to stand in.

That's my concern tbh my wife had a horrific panic attack Thursday with us both in A+E for about 12 hours. So a crowd like that may not be best idea at moment
If I found a nice site I may be able to leave her she be happy chilli g by a pool or the beach. Or I could go watch qualifying maybe time will tell

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
That's my concern tbh my wife had a horrific panic attack Thursday with us both in A+E for about 12 hours. So a crowd like that may not be best idea at moment
If I found a nice site I may be able to leave her she be happy chilli g by a pool or the beach. Or I could go watch qualifying maybe time will tell
the site i have mentioned is close to the sea , and there are buses to san marino from outside the station , she could go on a shopping trip on them

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
fter
Sorry to hear about your wife, I wouldn't recommend taking her as the Italian crowds are very excitable when watching Vale, They went spare when Vale over took Lorezo and when Lorenzo crashed out my wife got knocked flying.
As you can see the SOCA is very near the track and if you go on your own you will be back by just after 3pm.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
God that was a boring drive bit of drama with road closure/ sat Nav issue at Bologna but got to see the Ducati factory. Drove strait into Riccone looked at a a few Aires but decided on Camping Riccone not far from beach town race track. Suss out tonight and tommorow a plan of action I will cycle to that site near the track. See a few UK bikers on way some waved and tooted. Few Rossi fans on site no Brits spotted as yet.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
Wow what a town the campsite has a little land train takes you too the town and too market etc runs very late too. We jumped on it dropped us of at station about 8.30 nice lad working on site reccomandations a restraunt bar that did local dishes so we ate there. We then walked into town. The place was heaving everyone dressed up in there finest clothes old and young alike. Top shops with top gear all open a real pleasure to walk around and a people watchers delight. Think I will like it here trying g to make my mind up as what's best to do I may rent a scooter or car to visit Rossi and Simoncelli home towns and San Marino.

OP
OP
PORKSTER
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
IMG_20180906_165014.jpg
IMG_20180906_143519.jpg
Got Grandstand tickets for Saturday and went to Rossis home town and to get a glimpse of his ranch had a good cruise around on my trusty rental stead also.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back