May 5, 2019
WOKINGHAM
Funster No
MH
PEUGEOT BOXER L3 H2
Exp
NEWBIE, JUST ORDERED VAN
I Have recently ordered a PEUGEOT BOXER PROFESSIONAL l3 h2 which
i aim to convert to a motorhome. As 2 of the only 8 options i was allowed, i added a programmable webasto heater and an uprated alernator which comes with a conversion interface box my thinking was they are both going to be useful. Was this a good idea ?

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Sounds sensible to me but I know nothing about conversions.
Lots on here do know so I'm sure they'll be along soon.
Welcome to the forum

Oct 24, 2015
Helgas house
Funster No
MH
hymer e650 battered!!
Exp
None
Tell me, as I have no knowledge of mechanics, what does up rated alternator do for you?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
a programmable webasto heater

Sort of depends on how long it will take out of a leisure battery when you are parked up.

Our Swift has a good old Truma old fashioned gas fire, crude yes but it takes almost no electricity, it's silent and runs off gas. We leave it on all night without being disturbed or worrying about electricity.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
When we ordered our Peugeot. Ralph got virtually every upgrade possible, before converting it into Pug.
The salesman said he'd never ordered a van with as many upgrades on it. It took ages for them to build it and put the build back a few months in doing so. But we're glad we did.
We didn't get webasto as an upgrade . But did get it fitted so It runs through all the van , not just the cab. It's great. Very warm , very quiet in and out of the van too.
Here's a link to Ralph's build thread. You may find it interesting.

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/rb-panel-van-conversion-begins.100614/
Good luck with the build and :pink: to the club.
PS you only get to post 5 posts for free on here , before you have to join. Be worth it for you with all the info you'll need .

Misterg

Free Member
Dec 8, 2017
N Wales
Funster No
MH
Self build PVC
programmable webasto heater

This might not be as useful as you are anticipating: I've never seen one, but from what I could gather, it will only run with the ignition on, and the heater itself is heavily interlinked with the vehicle ECU so it can't really be modified to work differently / converted to stand-alone operation.

All I can suggest is to do your homework very carefully on this one.

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
M
I Have recently ordered a PEUGEOT BOXER PROFESSIONAL l3 h2 which
i aim to convert to a motorhome. As 2 of the only 8 options i was allowed, i added a programmable webasto heater and an uprated alernator which comes with a conversion interface box my thinking was they are both going to be useful. Was this a good idea ?
Maybe tell us all the options ?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back