LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having finished my last bottle of Riesling bought on the Mosel last summer I was more than a little depressed that it was gone.
I have found a good substitute in the Lidel in Spain, just maybe its in Lidel in the UK.
For those of you in Spain this winter try, Pfalz 2013 Riesling. Its to die for (y).

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
just drink lidl conde noble and stop showing off .
lighter to carry in the cartons . hee hee

Nowt wrong with Conde Noble. I've still got a few cartons left that I brought back in April.
I'm rarely seen at a Fun rally without a carton of it within reach.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

cliffanger

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 15, 2013
Saltford
Funster No
MH
Hymer A class
Exp
Since 2013
I saw in Lidls last week a bottle of Clarette de Die - its a light, sparkling wine with a hint of apple. Absolutely gorgeous if you don't like your wine too strong. In Europe it's about 4 to 6 euros a bottle, but well worth a try. Just waiting for the Blancette de Limoux to find its way to Lidls and I shall be a happy girl!

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Nowt wrong with Conde Noble. I've still got a few cartons left that I brought back in April.
I'm rarely seen at a Fun rally without a carton of it within reach.
i stll have a dozen cartons left from april as well only two weeks to finish it and several argus beers then off we go get some more ..
like i say gotta have a good payload . by the time you have wine beer , solera . etc . plus nice big diesel tanks .

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
i stll have a dozen cartons left from april as well only two weeks to finish it and several argus beers then off we go get some more ..
like i say gotta have a good payload . by the time you have wine beer , solera . etc . plus nice big diesel tanks .
I love Argus beer too! I prefer it to any of the British lagers and also the German beers. Just suits my palate. Still got a couple of slabs left.
I have a decent payload. Enough for more than 200 bottles of wine and quite a few slabs of beer.
It should just about last out until we depart on 5 January.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i prefer the litre bottles but yes i bring slabs back as its easier to stack.
i say bring a couple hundred wine couple hundred cans . that way you dont have to buy expensive uk beers . have you tried the new flovours of it . .we prefer the red traditional. like you its tops for us as well.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Conde Noble? There's posh! This is what I'm drinking tonight. Best chilled I find and at 60 cents a litre it's cheaper than diesel - tastes better too.
IMG_2014102119781.jpg

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
but have you tried it dave ?
i find the red ok. come on look at the price.
that euroski one is cheap at that price . we was paying 68c last winter for conde noble .

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
but have you tried it dave ?
i find the red ok. come on look at the price.
that euroski one is cheap at that price . we was paying 68c last winter for conde noble .
Must admit I have not. I am a red drinker, but since being on my diet am taking the white as its not so heavy :D.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Don Simon is a good one. Mrs DBK is drinking their rose at the moment but it's 1.20 a "brick". We've only had one vile carton of wine but I failed to make a note of it but we will stock up tomorrow in Santander with some of the ones we know are good.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
no don simon tastes soapy. the red conde noble and the rosea are ok . i,m not really a white drinker but many say its ok. .i find the white a bit sharp. ok with a slash of lemonade or fanta .
mind i quite like a slash of gaseosa in my wine mostly .
i prefer conde noble to lidl,s vino tramonte . mind that replaced conde noble in anout 2001 . glad its back to c.d.n. might catch you in benny later dave .
i do like lidls slera though . goes down nice and smooth . mmmm

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
dbk . we find torrelavago easier . all the soper markets are together near sierra panda railway station . all got good parking . if you hit torre from the west pass the first carrefour just keep going right through the town its almost straight through . there is a big daf truck garage near by . aldi lidl carrefour dias etc all together .
santander isnt easy for parking by lidl .

Reactions: DBK
OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Sorry folks but I dont understand this wine in a box any more than I understand beer in a tin. Wine comes out of a BOTTLE with a deep dimple in the bottom. Beer comes out of a BOTTLE with an almost flat bottom. Fruit juice comes out of a carton. Everyone knows that.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
argus beer comes in bottles its cheaper in them than cans .
conde noble comes in bottles but is almost double the cost of conde noble in cartons . not hard to work out which is best to buy .
beer comes in barrels . wine comes in vats . hee hee .

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Sorry folks but I dont understand this wine in a box any more than I understand beer in a tin. Wine comes out of a BOTTLE with a deep dimple in the bottom. Beer comes out of a BOTTLE with an almost flat bottom. Fruit juice comes out of a carton. Everyone knows that.
Allways though wine was a fruit juice:D

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
might be made out of leaves etc though so not always the fruit . ha ha . but dont worry it all tastes ok . some may be better than others .
i always laugh when i see folk buying conde noble in bottles its half again for 70cls as we pay for a litre in cartons . served in a carafe you cant tell the difference .
mind dave buys bottles of wine that get delivered in a box . ha ha .

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
yes . very nice . possibly the same grapes that are used in moroccan or tunisian wine . there is some nice wines to be had there .
plus as snowy knows morocco actually has won prizes for some of its beers .
guess he will have drank lots of it . hee hee i know i have .
i found tunisian wine if brought home and stored for a couple of years tasted very much like a port.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
no its october fest . german beer drinking month .

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
(bad timing chopper) Masamas supermarket up the road from camping Torreta do a really nice one for approx 3.50€ it has a green/yellow'ish label (can't remember the brand) But it was an impertinent tipple :)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Absolutely love a very dry (number 1) Reisling, decent ones just keep going up and up in price, even similar stuff is going through through the roof.
Remember buying this Broken Link Removed
years ago at the Lidl just outside Honfleur (not the 2013 obviously) and thinking how great it was for 50p a bottle............it's £5.99 now. Same with Alborino for 2 euros a bottle, you can pay £12 a bottle now!!!

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
So Labour are right re cost of living crisis?

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
Hi Vwalan
I thought you "Was" one of us till you mentioned....... Carafe !!!. People who don't know you,might assume you are a Working class upstart..... LOL !!
Another for Conde Noble here and yes,it is good to use in,(and while hic) cooking.I have often had to stand in front of the cooker and eat my "Floyd" creation,as moving to the table was.... Not an Option LOL
Tea Bag

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i dont use one . but thought snowy might . hee hee .
i like to leave mine in the carton . saves washing up later.
silly is the argus beer brewed in portugal yet cheaper in spain . bit like english liquour abroad.
but in tow weeks i should be seeing the snow capped picos de europa coming into view . wwwwhhhoooopppppeee

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back