Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
A question for the collective...

A couple of years ago, Swmbo and I gave up motorcycling, and sold the bikes we had - a GSA. 1200 (mine) a GSA 800 ( hers) and a Harley 1200 sportster (ours).

Although the bikes sold easily, we still have all our riding gear, which is now taking up loads of wardrobe space. We don't envisage going back to bikes (motorhoming having taken over) so need to get rid of the gear.

We are talking here BMW Rallye 2 suits, leather jackets, leather trousers, gloves, boots and so on.

The obvious route to dispose is flea bay, but to be honest we don't find ourselves at home for enough consecutive days to deal with the items in this way.

So my twofold question is this:

Does anyone know of any traders who deal in second hand riding gear (nb the helmets are not being disposed of, the straps will be cut off and they will go to the tip)

Is anyone interested in potentially taking any items off my hands for a contribution to charity (Retired Greyhound Trust)?

If anyone wants to know exactly what is available, sizes, photos etc please drop me a PM and I'll get on the job.

Collective wisdom awaited!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Strange you should post this.....:eek:

I just dug out my late mothers riding gear.
Pair of leather jeans and bike boots....no idea where the jacket or helmet went.
I was going to place them in the classifieds but will wait until you sell yours, no point in competition.
No rush on my part....she's been dead a while now and only just found them among some other clothes due for the charity shop.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
We are in the same position as you and flebay has been a decidedly big failure. Even items with a starting price of 99p have not had a single bid.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
MillieMoocher

MillieMoocher

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Kingham
Exp
40 years under canvas: Motorhome 2016 To 2020
Wow, that's a real surprise - would have thought the mighty flea bay would have got some results. Maybe it's the time of year, and the "season" hasn't started?..

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Mike is hunting eBay, gumtree etc for a new leather riding jacket. I will pm you for details.

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
Re old helmets. If they are open face,remove the linings and drill some holes in them and hang them upside down for interesting hanging baskets.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back