Free Member
May 15, 2012
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Auto-Sleeper
Exp
Hi all
we are going to the above festival this weekend, and were hoping for some help finding somewhere in the area for an overnight stop please?
Regards
Paul

Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
Try North Hill Farm

If you are a member of the CC try North Hill Farm, just off the A404 opposite Clement Danes school. Approximately 1.5 miles from M25 Junction 18 at Chorleywood, Rickmansworth town centre and canal is only 5 minutes drive from North Hill Farm.

North Hill
Chorleywood
near Rickmansworth
Herts
WD3 6HA

Tel:01923 287040

Hope this helps!

Richard

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
done a search on a few campsite websites and came up with nothing nearest was 18.5 miles as the crow flies - no idea what that would be in real mileage so next best suggestion - find a nice pub that does meals with large carpark and enquire of the landlord if you ate in the pub would he allow you to overnight either with or without a small charge.
Or find a nice lane with a pulloff that you could park overnight in without causing an obstruction to any other traffic or nuisance to local residences

see post above - Local help trumps again - that site didnt show on my searches

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
hovisbrown

hovisbrown

Free Member
May 15, 2012
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Auto-Sleeper
Exp
Thanks guys, north farm looks good, only thing I'm worried about is getting stuck in the field, the ground is really wet at the moment with more rain forecast, maybe I should phone them, they may not even be open.
I've found a site at Denham that is all hard standing, I was hoping someone knew of a quiet lay by nearby, lay by nearby sounds almost poetic - doesn't sound like me at all!!
Regards

Apr 1, 2012
Sarratt, Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt 2 berth
Exp
Since 2012
How about these pubs?

I live quite close to Rickmansworth but cannot think of any laybys that I'd be happy to overnight at!!

There are two pubs along the A412 Uxbridge Road in Rickmansworth. Both back onto the canal and have large car parks. Nearest the town centre is The Halfway House (01923 712253) and a little further out is The Whip & Collar (01923 774946).

There are 2 pubs in Sarratt village about 5 miles from Rickmansworth, The Boot on Sarratt Green (01923 262247), The Cock Inn at Church End Sarratt (very big car park!! 01923 282908). Just outside Sarratt is a hamlet called Belsize, the pub is The Plough (01923 262261)

Hopefully one of the pubs would allow you to overnight in their car park. Good luck.

Richard

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
http://cockinn.net/

The Cock Inn is a new CL for the Caravan Club this year. I have not stayed there as I only live about 7 miles away and it may be a bit quiet as it is well in the country and a fair way out of the village.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Hi Paul
I too only live a couple of miles from Rickmansworth, I have given it some thought and there is a lay-by on the A41 just north of the M25 Junction 20. If you leave the M25 and go north on the A41 you will find a lay-by on both carriageways between there and the Hemel Hempstead junction. If you turn around at Hemel and head south again on the A41 and park on the south side lay-by, it will give you a better start in the morning. The lay-by is used regularly by lorries and the occasional motorhome. See the attachments. Ricky is just a short distance from there about 10 mins on a clear M25. As far as parking at Ricky, i normally park in the Aqudrome car park, the canal is only a short strool from there.

Attachments

• Kings Langley 2.jpg
    Kings Langley 2.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Kings Langly.PNG
    Kings Langly.PNG
    87.8 KB · Views: 13

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.