Ribble Valley Caravans and Campers (1 Viewer)

Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
Hello all! I’m hoping someone may be able to give me advice regarding Ribble Valley Caravan and Campers. They’ve got a mh which is exactly what we’re looking for, but we’re in Norfolk and they are north of Manchester. We have already put a deposit on a similar one close to home but we’ve been waiting since September for DVLA to process logbook etc to enable the van to be taxed(due to the dealer not obtaining the logbook when they bought the van!) DVLA won’t consider hurrying things up, give our dealer different info and timescales when they contact them at our insistence. We are growing more and more dissatisfied. Our dealer has agreed that if we find another motorhome we want, that they will refund our deposit.
Im hoping to speak to someone tomorrow when Ribble Valley open, but I’m turning to any funsters who know of them or who’ve dealt with them for advice on their reputation etc 🤞🤞🤞🙏🏻

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
They’re not just North of Manchester they’re in Darwen near Blackburn. That’s quite a bit further from you.
I don’t know anything about the dealers but just wanted to point out to you where they are.
Good luck in your search.

OP
OP
JACQ
Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
Thank you. We’re heading up to Shrewsbury at the end of the week, so not as bad as it sounds. Getting out of Norfolk always tends to be the biggest hurdle🤣

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
It’s not just the distance for the initial purchase you need to consider but what if you need to return for warranty work. I speak from bitter experience as I bought a new van from a dealer nearly 200 miles away and had to return 3 times in the first few months. If it is exactly what you want then see if an arrangement can be made whereby any warranty work can be done nearer to your home address.

Oct 9, 2019
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
FUNSTER in a PVC
Not heard of them before and we live just 14 miles away by road, but don’t let that put you off. CHeck out their 2020 accounts, not much stock but £340,000 in cash held, I think you may be able to knock them down as they have pots of dosh 👏👏👏

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
Not heard of them before and we live just 14 miles away by road, but don’t let that put you off. CHeck out their 2020 accounts, not much stock but £340,000 in cash held, I think you may be able to knock them down as they have pots of dosh 👏👏👏
i see that the otherway round its stock their short of

OP
OP
JACQ
Jan 1, 2013
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu 640
Exp
since May 2013
It’s not just the distance for the initial purchase you need to consider but what if you need to return for warranty work. I speak from bitter experience as I bought a new van from a dealer nearly 200 miles away and had to return 3 times in the first few months. If it is exactly what you want then see if an arrangement can be made whereby any warranty work can be done nearer to your home address.
This was going to be one of my first questions to them this morning, hopefully they will be able to agree warranty work closer to us 🤞. We were really happy to find the mh we wanted close to home, but at the rate things are going with DVLA we still won’t have it until next summer! ive been constantly scouring the internet over the last few weeks for an alternative and this is the first that has come up with our must haves, as well as being a model we’d hoped for originally, but couldn’t find available. We’ve been without a mh since September, when we sold our previous one in anticipation of getting the one we’d reserved with a gap of only a week or so. We’ve had to forgo a couple of holidays as a result and now find ourselves in the position of having to book accommodation to visit family, which hurts massively😤. We don’t like the prospect of still being ‘in between motorhomes’ into 2022, but there‘s not much out there at the moment that suits our requirements, and I’m not confident there’ll be much more in the near future.

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Ribble Valley is about 10 miles north of Darwin, its like saying Manchester caravans but actually in Leeds. Sounds doggy to me, never heard of them and I come from East Lancashire. But there are lots of sellers these days, might be a wonderful company. Be careful, check everything then check again, at the company and the product, there's no rush after all its winter now( well nearly).

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
CHeck out their 2020 accounts, not much stock but £340,000 in cash held, I think you may be able to knock them down as they have pots of dosh 👏👏
That ant going to buy much stock, if they are short on stock I would be worried. If they have sold all their stock I would expect a hell of a lot more than that in the bank.

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
That ant going to buy much stock, if they are short on stock I would be worried. If they have sold all their stock I would expect a hell of a lot more than that in the bank.
you think they buy motorhomes with cash? most dealers own nothing all rrun on finance

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
If it's DVLA that is the main problem, ask your MP for help. A letter to the head of DVLA from a MP could unlock this situation for you.

I wouldn't trust your dealer to keep the pressure on DVLA. After all, the dealer must be thinking that if you cancel your order and ask for your deposit back, they won't lose money. They will be able to jack up the price, and probably find a new buyer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back