Ribamar Camping (1 Viewer)

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Has anyone used this site lately, if so any feedback please.

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Have used this site loads of times most recently September 2016. In my opinion one of the best in Spain, friendly staff, swimming pool opens most of year. Bar restaurant ok but limited. Only drawback is the rough road leading to it but have done it easily in both a motorhome and a caravan. Its in a nature park so good for walking. Some secluded beaches along the coastline. Pitches are large and separated with hedges, water and drains on each pitch. Wifi wasn't so good last time we were there. Alcossebre a nice resort with some good bars, about a 20 minute bike ride away. Also good for mountain biking as the track goes all the way through to Peniscola. Sky sports bar near the harbour with uk football.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We were the last spring. I think @Parrot Face has said it all. It's a lovely campsite, in a beautiful location, for those who like nature and peace and quiet.
We'll be there again for a few days in Feb.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M
Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Thanks Guys, the reviews are good, just a little concerned about the access road. Hoping to head that way in January.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
@Parrot Face
Trying to identify the site referred to for our trip next year.

Searching "Ribamar" brings up several different answers including in Portugal. Could you give a location please?

OP
OP
M
Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Up the coast from Valencia

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Access road is no problem. The length of the track is 1km. I wouldn't really worry about it. Its wide enough for two caravans. As I've said I've done it in caravans and motorhomes . Just keep to a nice steady speed. Actually the track is one of the advantages as for some reason people hear stories about it and keep away from it consequently the site remains quiet in the low season.

pollensabob

Free Member
Jan 30, 2008
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
7 years
Used Ribamar many times very good site, however at present in Camping Tropicana Alcossebre fabulous site and location worth a visit, lovely restaurant etc

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
Don't worry about the track. It's very bumpy, but wide enough to drive around the ruts. We passed a bin lorry coming from the other direction.
It's totally different from Playa Tropicana, which we found 'ok', but I think the Camping and Caravan Club hold a rally there in winter so it feels a bit more 'institutionalised' (in my view.) Ribamar is much more low key, and out of the way.
There is also a new Camper Park with all facilities, which has opened in Alcossebre this year
http://las-moreras-ac-camper-park-alcossebre.business.site/
It gets good reviews on camper contact, and is in a much more central location than either of the campsites.

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
We had a few nights at Tropicana last year. Nice site. Has a shop that you can get lost in & that stocks a lot of "camping" stuff and beer is reasonable. I think it is a branch of one of the high street supermarkets maybe Consum?
Noisy Aviary in one corner of the site. Good cycling tracks around the site but make sure you have some means of finding your way back as all the tracks/roads look the same.
Watch out for the "Laid Back" Hippy couple who have Cocina Pura Vida, the Chiringuito just to the town side of the site, who 'upcycle' pallets into seats. Charged us €5.50 for two small 'Artisan' beers

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
We tried Tropicano in the past, that Mynah bird woke me as soon as the sun came up. In my opinion not a patch on Ribamar but must admit its an easier bike ride into town, some hills on return to Ribamar.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back