RIAT anyone? (1 Viewer)

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Anyone else going to the Royal International Air Tattoo at Fairford next week?

We are going to be on the CC rally field at College Farm for a week from next Tuesday.
Not working on the Vulcan stand this year so we are just going to sit, hopefully in the sun, and watch the flying with a cold beer or three.
If anyone is nearby do pop over for a natter, Funster sticker is on the side window.

Richard.

Jabberwocky

Free Member
Aug 14, 2015
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
MWB coach build
Exp
I'm a newbie
Having looked at the lineup I'm surprised trading standards haven't been on the phone demanding they change their name to the Royal international Ground tattoo, other than the usual glut of f-16s and the f35 pretty much everything else is static display, £49 is a lot to pay for that lineup.

chrisinplymouth

Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
Hi Richard

We're staying at Townsend Farm for the 3 days. Not been before but was hoping to see more than 2 aircraft flying.

Chris

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Having looked at the lineup I'm surprised trading standards haven't been on the phone demanding they change their name to the Royal international Ground tattoo, other than the usual glut of f-16s and the f35 pretty much everything else is static display, £49 is a lot to pay for that lineup.

Just had a look at the 'flying' list and I agree, for the premier UK airshow it's pretty poor.
As we're not buying tickets I can't really complain though.
We've worked at enough airshows over the last eight years so this time we are freeloading and just going to sit in the rally field, near the airfield, and watch the comings and goings and some of the displays.
Will have the scanner tuned to ATC and might even take a photo or two. Just hoping that summer finds its way to the UK by next week.

Richard.

OP
OP
Clarky
Oct 30, 2010
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Richard

We're staying at Townsend Farm for the 3 days. Not been before but was hoping to see more than 2 aircraft flying.

Chris
Don't worry Chris, I think there may be a few more than two. :)
RIAT usually put on a good show but in these straightened economic times countries are cutting back on display aircraft.
As you haven't been before prepare for a huge site with plenty of walking if you want to see everything.
It can be a long and tiring day. Enjoy.

Richard.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back