Ria Formosa, Tarifa is full. (or will be) (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings everyone,

Just installed ourselves at the above.

Conversation at reception: "How many nights are you staying?"
"We don't know"
Receptionist," I need to know"
"How about a week"
Receptionist,"That's no problem but you will have to leave by the 1st"
"Why's that"
Receptionist,"On the 1st we are full.

So, there you have it. If you want to enjoy Ria Formosa (and it is a lovely site, ) you'd better get your skates on.

And, in other news. We are now on F25. If there are any Funsters on site, come around and make yourselves known. I have beer!!!

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Update? to the above.

I went online yesterday and found that I could could book a week here via the C&CC (or a month), the price was different but there was availability.

It would seem that the 'Club'??? have some sort of agreement with the site and reserve pitches, thereby preventing ordinary punters from using the site unless they have booked via the 'Club'???. No doubt the site get some sort of a 'Garage Mort' fee from the 'Club'???

Oh! by the way, if you thought you could book with the 'Club' and circumvent the system, the 'Club'??? charge £75 on top of the site fee because you didn't use them to book the ferry to get here. Friendly??? I don't think so.

Rant over

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Is this the same as Ria Formosa, Tavira ? If so that might be bad news for us as we are (were) planning to go down there in early Feb for 2 months or so. But doubtless some will have moved on by then or we will just have to keep on trucking and find another place to stay.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
It is the same site Lot Lover. If you like, I'll wander into the Office and find out what the score is.
As I've posted in a previous post the C&CC have taken up a number of pitches (there's red/white tape with the Club logo on them) but it isn't a rally.
It also came to light today that whilst UK residents have to pay an 'Admin'??? Fee to the Club if you don't book their ferry, I've been informed anecdotally that apparently there are loads of our Cloggy friends who are members of the Club and they don't have to pay the Fee if they book through the Club because of course, they don't need to book a ferry to get here. That could apply to you if you have a french address. You couldn't make it up.

If you want me to visit the office, you only need to ask.

Deleted User
If that is the young lady in the office that I think it is, she is not very pleasant( all the others are very nice), she is very bossy and thinks she runs the place, she doesn't!

I think it highly unlikely, but not unknown, that there will be no space available but as a lot of specific pitches are booked it may be necessary to change pitches.

A German couple that I know came onto the site at the end of November and were told the same thing and very nearly turned round and left because of her attitude, they are still there due to cancellations and have moved pitch, we are back tomorrow.

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Thanks for the offer.

Di has a medical "risk" at the mo which needs to be cured or endured before plans can be set in stone so for now I will keep all crossed.

BTW if you take a look at A30/32 you may find another Funster already installed.

Happy Chanuka

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I can understand what you mean about the young lady but at the mo. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.
From my experience, those in reception who are not naturals at the post, tend to come over as 'aggressive'.

We'll see.

Deleted User
Thanks for the offer.

Di has a medical "risk" at the mo which needs to be cured or endured before plans can be set in stone so for now I will keep all crossed.

BTW if you take a look at A30/32 you may find another Funster already installed.

Happy Chanuka

Not yet, back tomorrow......tapas in Zafra tonight:xgrin:

Cossieg

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
Yate for the summer!
Funster No
MH
None now
Exp
It was full at the same time last year i seem to recall but again some friends managed to get in by booking via the C&CC! Seems things get a bit busy on the Algarve after new year! It all gets quieter in March!

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
All has become clearer, nearly.
I went into the office yesterday and managed to time the changing of the Warders, sorry Receptionists.
The 'new' one explained that during January, they receive Snowbirds from all over Europe, and, by the end of the month, the site will be full.
However, it was further explained to me that there would be no problem with staying me over a few days because the new arrivals do not turn up 'en mass.'

frankw

Free Member
Dec 3, 2016
Funster No
Exp
Informative thread - many thanks!!

And an update: so... here we are at Rio Formosa Tavira, past two nights in March, move on tomorrow; and the site has some (maybe 10-20 max) pitches available - this is our 1st hols trip in our new to us (15 yr old) m/home and the learning curve has been vertical :) There seems a certain 'fatherland' efficiency about this 'campismo' and yes we had the dubious pleasure of having to deal with 'that woman' on reception… shocking attitude and a disgrace to her parents and employers, accepting generous allowance for 'lost in translation' and diverse national customs. The site is well equipped (sloooo wifi accepted) and maintained and the reviews are good - we felt this site is soul-less and encouraged us to explore the wild-camping option. On to Lagos, over and out!!

Last edited:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Just as long as none of you park hidden away under the willow tree on the patch of roughish land near Nuno and Anke's Beach Cafe when I am visiting Cabanas...

Motorhomes are definitely NOT allowed there... ;)

JJ :cool:

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
When we arrived at Ria Formosa in mid Feb we were warned that we could only stay until March 2 but subsequently that has been extended to our chosen leaving date of April 1. Have no idea which dragon in reception you mean we haven't found her - perhaps we don't look hard enough.

As for soul-less not sure what you mean, it is quiet, there are no hordes of teenagers or screaming children so perfect for old frats like us. Never been a site with so many beautiful flowers, the place is spotless and there is always an adequate supply of hot water. And it is cheap if you stay a month, only EUR 328 for a single pitch. I now expect the travellers and wild camping fraternity to mock but luckily we all want different things.

Jul 13, 2008
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2007
When we arrived at Ria Formosa in mid Feb we were warned that we could only stay until March 2 but subsequently that has been extended to our chosen leaving date of April 1. Have no idea which dragon in reception you mean we haven't found her - perhaps we don't look hard enough.

As for soul-less not sure what you mean, it is quiet, there are no hordes of teenagers or screaming children so perfect for old frats like us. Never been a site with so many beautiful flowers, the place is spotless and there is always an adequate supply of hot water. And it is cheap if you stay a month, only EUR 328 for a single pitch. I now expect the travellers and wild camping fraternity to mock but luckily we all want different things.
€328 is that all inclusive?
:dance2:

Mocks ever so slightly.....:Grin:

frankw

Free Member
Dec 3, 2016
Funster No
Exp
@Lot lover - all a new experience thru' fresh eyes (for us and without ridicule), site facilities and maintenance are 5* and well deserving of it's high ratings. As for 'soul-less'… it's a subjective opinion, I like trees, grass, flowers and a pitch/room with a view... ymmv.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back