May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi, Anybody done this in there moho,
any tips on where to stay ( aires etc) when the best /right time to go, which is the best displays.
all help appreciated
Terry

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The aire at Bacharach is right on the river. The cruise boat stops there and you can cruise down to St Gor for the celebrations. The boats turn and moor midstream whilst the display goes on overhead from both banks. You need to be pitched up one week in advance to be sure of a pitch.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Terry, it is well worth a visit to see the Rhine in Flames. We went ten years ago on an organised trip
There are plenty of Stelplatz along the banks of the Rhine, you will have to get on one a few days in advance though as they will all fill up very quickly. Alternatively you could find a campsite, we stopped at Camping Platz Rhudeshiem in Rhudeshiem. From here you can catch a boat which will take you up the river to watch the firework display. The boats anchor up midstream for the duration of the display before returning to their berths, some have an onboard restaurant if you fancy making an occasion of the trip.
Brisey.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madgeD

Free Member
Aug 17, 2014
Cleveland
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
since 2005
The only Aire we have stayed on the Rhine is Bacharach that is a nice spot right on the Rhine and a lovely town with lots of interesting shops and eating places.
I would think anytime from May onwards should be good

I had misunderstood the question and wondered why you headed it The Rhine in flames now I understand fireworks ! Don't know when that's is sorry.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The Rhine in flames takes place at different spots on different dates I believe, we watched it at St Goar last year and stayed on the campsite an easy walk away, we arrived two or three days before and it was busy but we got in OK, the fireworks were great.

http://hotel-winzerhaus.de/camping/ Lovely spot to watch the boats go bye on the river, but the trains are noisy.

Martin

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Different towns different dates but don't know where u can fund out when and where.
We were unable to stay past Tuesday on a site because it was fully booked till following Monday.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
It`s A festival then? Allegedly started circa 1940/5?, courtesy of A M Harris and W S Churchill. :D We had several on the Banks of the Humber courtesy of a Mr Goering, during that period. but the tradition seems to have died out?. Maybe for the best?

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Different towns different dates but don't know where u can fund out when and where.
We were unable to stay past Tuesday on a site because it was fully booked till following Monday.
Here are the dates.

http://www.rhein-in-flammen.com

If you are early enough you can book one of the many boat trips that take you up to the fireworks, so then you would need a camping spot further out from the main festivities but I guess pitches would be easier to find.

Martin

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
I found these dates online for next year. It does look really good. We just missed them last year but had the dog with us anyway so kinda glad
Bonn 6th May
Rudesheim 1st July
Spay Koblenz 12th
Oberwesel 9th Sept
St Goar16th Sept

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We just missed them last year but had the dog with us anyway so kinda glad.
Sandra we were at St Goar/Sankt Goarshausen last year and the fireworks are from the castles on either side of the valley and also a barge in the middle, the fireworks were a good 45 minutes display and very very loud with the echo of the valley sides "BOOM BOOM" loved it but not for a dog.

Martin

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We were thinking of going in September to between st Goar and Oberwesel.
All the campsites are full( booked up for the last 12 months) . We went that way last year and know there are various places you could park up if allowed. I guess it gets very very busy.

Has anyone done this event recently and if so any thoughts of where to spend a couple of days rather than official parkings/ stelplatz?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back