Rheinland lockdown from next Tuesday 4th November (1 Viewer)

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Got back just in time then -- Although we are as good as locked down here.

Done OK this year really - four weeks in France in June/July.
Ten days in Scotland in August and five week in Germany just.

Still hope next year will be better :drinks: :drinks:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We just go back in time from the holiday from hell, a week in a Germany hospital is not my idea of fun.
All we have done this year is 3 weeks in South West France in Feb, a couple of visits to a friend's farm, a week on a canal boat in March and the last 4 weeks in Germany.
The vans only done 4000 or 5000 miles this year.

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
We drove to Caceres and back in 2 weeks in March :(, spent July in France, and had 3 weeks in Germany in October.
I know we should be grateful, but it's looking grim for a winter trip to Spain :rolleyes:.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 17, 2012
WEST SUSSEX
Funster No
MH
HYMER B SL 674
Exp
SINCE 2005
We just go back in time from the holiday from hell, a week in a Germany hospital is not my idea of fun.
All we have done this year is 3 weeks in South West France in Feb, a couple of visits to a friend's farm, a week on a canal boat in March and the last 4 weeks in Germany.
The vans only done 4000 or 5000 miles this year.
But at least you are healthy and there will be other opportunities.

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We drove to Caceres and back in 2 weeks in March :(, spent July in France, and had 3 weeks in Germany in October.
I know we should be grateful, but it's looking grim for a winter trip to Spain :rolleyes:.
I think we are now resigned to the fact that we will be at home this winter but keeping options open🤞🤞🤞😊

OP
OP
jongood
Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Andalusia are saying that they will underwrite tourists healthcare but the question is could you get there?
( obviously only applies to those of us not in a vulnerable group)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Minister of the Interior is quoted:

he also declares that he will also step up controls on entry into Germany from high-risk areas at airports, railway stations and also on the roads in the border area. "To this end, the veil search at all German borders will be intensified within a radius of 30 kilometres in order to be able to check compliance with the Corona regulations even for those who enter by car from high-risk areas."

This means that federal officials are also allowed to check 30 kilometres from the border without any specific reason or suspicion.

https://www.bild.de/politik/in... research-73646896.bild.html

Foo Fighter

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Magic
Exp
3 years with T4 Hitop
Will the stellplatz system still be available for those of us transiting back through Germany on our way to the UK? We're currently in Tuscany and have our channel tunnel booked for the end of the month. So far we are able to move from regions which aren't classed as being in the red zone here. We are aware the Covid situation is fluid and no-one has a crystal ball as to what's going to happen next, but if the stellplatz are open to transiting folk that would ease our minds somewhat,

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
I think first you'll need to get in and out of Austria. I don't think Switzerland will be very welcoming.
I think if you travel up through Germany as fast as you can to Aachen using the more remote Stellplatz you will be OK. You could get a visit from the police though with a UK number plate.
The stellplatz will be open just try to take a low profile and do the Aachen to Eurotunnel journey in one hit.

Good luck hopefully you won't have to isolate anywhere

denisejoe

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 6, 2014
Warden isle of sheppy
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2004
Got back just in time then -- Although we are as good as locked down here.

Done OK this year really - four weeks in France in June/July.
Ten days in Scotland in August and five week in Germany just.

Still hope next year will be better :drinks: :drinks:
Doesn’t that tell you something lockdowns follow you?

Foo Fighter

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Magic
Exp
3 years with T4 Hitop
Thanks Stealaway, plan is Brenner Pass and dash through Austria, to reach Germany and more importantly a vet close to the north west of the country, followed by another dash to the tunnel crossing.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Good luck, you may need it. We did that 2.5 weeks ago, a significant but only casually inquisitive number of German police on the Austrian border, stopping lorries only at that time. You will attract attention in Germany if what I read on their forums is anything to go by. Here is one site we stopped at on the way through, now closed to even the permanent campers other than short visits without overnight stays etc.

Dear guests and permanent campers,

Due to the sharp increase in the number of new infections on Wednesday, 28.10.20, the federal and state governments decided to impose far-reaching restrictions on both public and private life in Germany in order to curb the flow of infections and prevent more serious interventions for the future. The measures will enter into force throughout Germany as early as 2 November 2020 and will initially be limited to the end of November. At the end of two weeks, the federal and state governments will consult again and assess the objectives achieved by the measures and make necessary adjustments. An overview of the regulations in force from 2.11.2020 can be found under www.bundesregierung.de or on the official websites of the respective state governments.

Hotels, campsites and other accommodation establishments are prohibited from 2.11.2020 from offering overnight stays to persons for tourist purposes. Exceptions are only allowed for compelling and indeferral reasons.

Due to this official order, we are forced to close all currently open KNAUS camping parks to the public with effect from 1 November 2020, 18:00. The ban on accommodation/overnight stays applies equally to tourists and permanent campers and will be maintained until 30 November 2020 inclusive.

Mar 28, 2017
Lichfield, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Had all the scare mongering in March just take your time check official country advice and if you get stopped be polite .Good luck see you under the clock tower at kings cross station .

Foo Fighter

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2019
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Magic
Exp
3 years with T4 Hitop
Thanks for your info, as it points out, there's to be a review of their objectives. Hopefully the fact that we're only transiting with a committed booking will suffice the police we're sure to meet.

popotla

Free Member
Jun 5, 2018
Germany
Funster No
MH
3.5t on Ford Ranger
Exp
Come to Germany! It's great for motorhoming/van life.
Hi Stealaway, your post was dated/timed, I see, as "yesterday at 5:57" (that was 4th Nov.).

I think first you'll need to get in and out of Austria. I don't think Switzerland will be very welcoming.
I think if you travel up through Germany as fast as you can to Aachen using the more remote Stellplatz you will be OK. You could get a visit from the police though with a UK number plate.
The stellplatz will be open just try to take a low profile and do the Aachen to Eurotunnel journey in one hit.

Are Stellplätze in Germany - or at least some - open? I'd like to ask where this info comes from. Thanks.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back