RHD 2015 Ducato Headlights needed short-term! (1 Viewer)

markov

Free Member
May 31, 2014
Leics, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
I intend to import a LHD Burstner Nexxo from Germany on a Ducato base vehicle - Not an A-Class. It will be the new 'face-lifted' X290 model Ducato, and I'm lead to believe that the Headlamps can't be adjusted from LHD to RHD.

To get it's registration in the UK, it must have RHD headlamps on the vehicle at the time of inspection (beam adaptors aren't adequate for this), even though the 'original' LHD Headlamps will then be re-fitted to take it abroad as soon as it's registered!

Does anyone know of a source (other than our expensive friends at Fiat!) who can loan me or sell me a pair, please? I assume that anyone else taking this route in the last few months would have the same issue...

Thanks a lot!

Mark

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
can you make your intentions clearer please. are you permanently exporting after its registered in UK. Or do you intend to return yearly for MOT etc..
I'm not sure but you may fall foul of UK insurance/construction and use reg's.......best check!

OP
OP
M

markov

Free Member
May 31, 2014
Leics, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for the comments Guys - I'll keep you in touch with events, Peter...

Jun 19, 2014
Wimborne
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral+ 670SL
Exp
No longer a newbie
That'd be good, have a look at my Warranty question above, you'll be meeting the same issue.

P

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back