Revolut ... well I never knew that! Sometimes being nosy pays off! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We've been monitoring the exchange rate in advance of our trip to Spain in December so we can keep tabs on when is likely the best time to exchange (unfortunately my crystal balls is bust!), one thing that annoys me is that when wanting to exchange you have to click on the '...' and Exchange, then, as the currency to buy is set to USD, you have to scroll down the list for the one you want, Euro in my case.

Its a waste of time so I've been having a 'nosy' round the app and found that if you click on the star at the top of the app you get a 'Favourites' screen which I didn't know existed. In that you can list your the currencies you're interested in so I have one set for € to £, and another for £ to €, this means that the rate is shown live for each of them without me having to check in the exchange part each time, so just a click on the star and the info I need is there immediately.

Just thought I'd mention it as I suspect others weren't aware of this either.

May 29, 2015
Worthing,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Fairford PVC
Exp
Since 2002
Did I read somewhere that they are transferring everything to, I think, Lithuania? Will try and find the article.

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
We've been monitoring the exchange rate in advance of our trip to Spain in December so we can keep tabs on when is likely the best time to exchange (unfortunately my crystal balls is bust!), one thing that annoys me is that when wanting to exchange you have to click on the '...' and Exchange, then, as the currency to buy is set to USD, you have to scroll down the list for the one you want, Euro in my case.

Its a waste of time so I've been having a 'nosy' round the app and found that if you click on the star at the top of the app you get a 'Favourites' screen which I didn't know existed. In that you can list your the currencies you're interested in so I have one set for € to £, and another for £ to €, this means that the rate is shown live for each of them without me having to check in the exchange part each time, so just a click on the star and the info I need is there immediately.

Just thought I'd mention it as I suspect others weren't aware of this either.
(y) Thanks for this - makes things much easier (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 29, 2015
Worthing,West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Fairford PVC
Exp
Since 2002
Daily Telegraph business section Saturday 15 th October. All accounts to be transferred to its Lithuanian company at the end of this year.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Any currencies you use regularly it automatically puts then in your favourites.
It bugs me every time they update the app I have to learn how to use it again, they always totally change.
It's never added them to our accounts ... maybe it only does it if you are super-duper at spending like you is! :LOL:

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Mine has Euro, Dollar and Thai Bhat in it, I did t put them there.
I rest my case 'Sugar Daddy'! :* :LOL:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Did I read somewhere that they are transferring everything to, I think, Lithuania? Will try and find the article.
Mine has been there for some years. They were supposed to be moving on to Ireland at some point
Is this good or bad? - seriously what does it mean for my DB shares
nothing.
I think that started a couple of years ago as Brexit meant that they needed an entity in the EU.
Yes.

In my revolut I have £'s which I send fom Uk & change when rate is ok. another in €'s which I use daily & has all the dd's & so's taken from it. Anothey in zloty
All I do is click on the account I wish to know the rate for , click on 'exchange ' & the rate shows.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Impossible to beat the market. You change it when you think it's good it'll only be better later! I just use Chase which and pay with card as much as poss. They give 1% cash back on all spending so at least you get that.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Impossible to beat the market. You change it when you think it's good it'll only be better later! I just use Chase which and pay with card as much as poss. They give 1% cash back on all spending so at least you get that.
Our 1% spending cashback was only for 1 year though, is yours the same?

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
We got a lump of money "For next time?" in Spain in Feb.
Forgot about it but the current 'crisis'? made me revisit the transactions.
We got €1.19 to the £
Yipee!!!

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
We got a lump of money "For next time?" in Spain in Feb.
Forgot about it but the current 'crisis'? made me revisit the transactions.
We got €1.19 to the £
Yipee!!!
Unfortunately when we went to Ireland in the summer before we came back we drew out all our Euros and spent them as we thought the rate might improve ... we'd got them at 1.20! :crying:

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
Revolut was set up by a couple of Russians - apparently. So I shall leave that on the back-burner for the time being.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Unfortunately when we went to Ireland in the summer before we came back we drew out all our Euros and spent them as we thought the rate might improve ... we'd got them at 1.20! :crying:
When I said, "forgot about it" that's true.
We came across them and had totally forgot about them.
Nice surprise.!!!

May 26, 2016
north wales
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
moderate
And pray tell... how does not getting a Revolut card help?

JJ :cool:
I've managed just fine without one so far, so how does it actually help? Been into Europe recently with no problems at all.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
19 month year 18000 miles UK, Ireland, France, Spain, Germany, Italy. Campsites and off Grid.
Our 1% spending cashback was only for 1 year though, is yours the same?

Yes, will re evaluate next year. Previously I used Barclaycard rewards which also had cashback in some form or other. Can't remember exactly.

Feb 14, 2021
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 727G
Exp
I've managed just fine without one so far, so how does it actually help? Been into Europe recently with no problems at all.

Depends on the method you currently use. Let me know and I will advise you.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back