Revolut rivals (1 Viewer)

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I have been using a Revolut card for about 1 year and found it to be excellent, have recently taken out a FlexPlus account partly to get a Visa Debit and Visa Credit with no fees and commision when abroad. When looking to see what else is available I have come across a whole load of Revolut rivals, they are:
  • Monza
  • Starling
  • Curve
  • Loot
All Mastercard (sadly), all smartphone app based, Starling and Monza are the most interesting for me as they are no fees UK and abroad and no limits (well 300 pound per day ATM for starling) so potentially better than Revolut, Starling pays interest on balances, seems more like a debit account card. They all seem to offer similar app control and notifications that make Revolut so good, only downside is that the exchange rate is the Mastercard rate not the spot rate.

I have applied for Startling and Monza, just to be able to find out more, there is a waiting list for both.

Has anybody ever used any of them?

klaatu

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Vienne, France
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Since 2014
I signed up for a Monzo card yesterday and it's on its way; you can bypass the waiting list if you use the link on this page of the MoneySavingExpert web site - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit-cards/prepaid-travel-cards

I tried to apply for a Revolut card, but they have a bug where for some people it changes the address where the card is sent to a different address. Revolut don't seem to want to do anything about this, so I had to give up. No doubt it's an excellent card if you can get one.

OP
OP
Neilfg
Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Ooops, it is Monzo not Monza. Will try the link and see if I just the waiting list 20000 ahead of me, 2 days 6500 behind me:eek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Got my Monzo card within 48 hours when going via the MSE link. Coincidently I got an 'e' mail alert this morning saying there was a problem with the cards being accepted in some instances and the matter was being investigated. A few hours later further 'e' mail saying matter had been resolved. Not an ideal situation but well impressed with the way the matter was notified.

OP
OP
Neilfg
Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
It appears that despite registering before using the link above that @klaatu gave has made a difference have gone from behind 20000, I am at the front and can be verified. Expecting a card shortly(y)

No idea if it is any good but been recommended by a friend, we shall see :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ianandkath

Free Member
Jun 4, 2015
spain/uk
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
2 years
i been using the revolut card for over 2 years and never had any problems with it.
even bought online and used it at french toll booths.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Have I read the Monzo features correct... unlike Revolut you load Monzo with sterling and it only does the conversion to the purchasing currency in real time at the point of use. Unlike Revolut which enables you to do that as well, but importantly creates live cash wallets in your selected currencies and allows you to exchange Sterling to a chosen currency at will prior to use when say rates are advantageous and hold it on the card to use later?
If so not such a great card, especially as it uses Mastercard rates and not interbank which are generally sharper.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back