Revolut card (1 Viewer)

Mar 2, 2011
uk
Funster No
MH
c.. autocruise starblazer
Exp
8 years
I all but lost the will to live trying to open an account with revolut.. They ended up saying my account was locked ( for security reasons) and I was required to complete a security process . in order to unlock the locked account....... What account says I , There was never one opened , never mind having to unlock it ? Their communication is appalling.

Think I"ll stick with my Metro bank debit card , free to use in euroland.

Deleted User
On a standard account total of all transactions s is £12,000 a year, I'm sure for bank transfers to foreign accounts it's 5k per year then charges of 0.5% apply.
Have you looked at the T&C's lately?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I all but lost the will to live trying to open an account with revolut.. They ended up saying my account was locked ( for security reasons) and I was required to complete a security process . in order to unlock the locked account....... What account says I , There was never one opened , never mind having to unlock it ? Their communication is appalling.

Think I"ll stick with my Metro bank debit card , free to use in euroland.

Operator error...

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Nope but I will, are you saying they have changed in the last 9 months?

I am not sure but the free limit for currency exchange has been £5000 a month for a long while.

As far as I can make out transfers are free up to £5000 but can find no mention of an annual limit or monthly limit except a limit of £25000pa for 'top ups'.

I found these under 'profile' then price plan - standard and the £25000 limit under 'verification and limits'

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Only downside I've found with Revolut is if you transfer money to foreign accounts it can take 2 to 3 days.
Except if you have premium membership you get Turbo transfers for free, but you can pay extra I think for Turbo

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I am not sure but the free limit for currency exchange has been £5000 a month for a long while.

As far as I can make out transfers are free up to £5000 but can find no mention of an annual limit or monthly limit except a limit of £25000pa for 'top ups'.

I found these under 'profile' then price plan - standard and the £25000 limit under 'verification and limits'
Hard work finding their T&C, yes monthly limit on transfers is £5000 or €6000 per month without charge, yes the annual top limit which equates to the same as the max funds you can use has gone up from £12,000 to £25,000.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Why would you need all that for couple of weeks holiday .lol .my travel insurance is with through my bank as is breakdown .. So just need the clarity card for everything and if it should go boobs up I still have my bank debit card ...dont need or want to tie up my cash in a prepaid card where exchange rates can be a loser rather than a winner all the time ...
What's the difference in earning nothing in a bank account or putting it on the card. there is also the possibility that you can change to another currency when rate is good & change back again if it falls, so earning money (y)

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Anyone increased their annual limit from £25k to a higher number after providing the ins and outs of a Ducks arse?

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Owned and used a Clarity and a Caxton fx card in Europe for 6 years, last year we also got a Revolut card, Caxton allows more free ATM withdrawals per month, Revolut is always a slightly better exchange rate, good to have 2 cards in case of loss etc, we do tour 3 months at a time twice a year. The Halifax credit card comes into its own mainly for fully automated unmanned fuel stations where debit type cards cannot be used.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
What's the difference in earning nothing in a bank account or putting it on the card. there is also the possibility that you can change to another currency when rate is good & change back again if it falls, so earning money (y)
No cash tied up in clarity card ,so no issue there ,and they cant be arsed to play around just to save a cent or two here and there .but there you go each to their own ...

Sep 28, 2017
Audenshaw Manchester
Funster No
MH
Compass 180 Rambler
Exp
2017 Just started as Retirement looms in August
Thank you everybody for all your thoughts of Wisdom

I have elected to go for the Clarity,only because I don't like giving people my Money before i've spent it

Thanks again

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I have just signed up for the Revolut card. Thanks for the heads up. I have a clarity card too, but after being pickpocketed in Rome last year I want a card that isn't linked to a bank account.

And with a Revolut card you can block it in the app as soon as you know it’s missing

Sep 28, 2017
Audenshaw Manchester
Funster No
MH
Compass 180 Rambler
Exp
2017 Just started as Retirement looms in August
I do have Money in the bank,thats in all sorts of account earning 5% down to 2.5% and accessible,but take the point that you can transfer over before you take out

But each to there own as they say

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back