Revolut card (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
what happens if you lose it, gets stolen or cloned ?

Thief has access to your account.. no problem with the Revolut card as they can only access what it has been loaded with.

I keep my bank debit card in a safe place and only take the Revolut card when out shopping

there are many benefits which I only realised once I had mine.

First class card I wouldn't go abroad without
What happens if it gets stolen? To start with , we have two cards , one each so no problem to us , just ring up and cancel the stolen one, the stolen one can't be used without the pin, and even if they did get it to work they could only go to the limit on the card.
But now the beauty of it , being a credit card that is only used on holiday, it has no connection to any of our bank accounts, they are with totally different banks so don't have to go to the rigmarole of stopping our normal bank account with all the attendant dd information.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
One other big advantage of clarity you don't have to load it with anything, you don't pay anything out till you use it and even then you don't pay anything till a month after with , I repeat NO CHARGES.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Thief has access to your account.. no problem with the Revolut card as they can only access what it has been loaded with

The thief can't even do that as you can stop the card instantly by the app on your phone. (And restart it again instantly if you find you had just mislaid it...)

I repeat...

For anyone with a smart phone and internet access the Revolut Card and system is the BEST of them all.

JJ :cool:

Deleted User
What happens if it gets stolen? To start with , we have two cards , one each so no problem to us , just ring up and cancel the stolen one, the stolen one can't be used without the pin, and even if they did get it to work they could only go to the limit on the card.
But now the beauty of it , being a credit card that is only used on holiday, it has no connection to any of our bank accounts, they are with totally different banks so don't have to go to the rigmarole of stopping our normal bank account with all the attendant dd information.

All these are applicable to the Revolut card plus many more benefits.

One other big advantage of clarity you don't have to load it with anything, you don't pay anything out till you use it and even then you don't pay anything till a month after with , I repeat NO CHARGES.

The Revolut card can be loaded instantaneously from your bank account via the App at the full inter bank rate applicable at the time, this can be used to pre load the card to take advantage of an advantageous exchange rate or to load as needed plus NO CHARGES.

The only advantage the Clarity card has is the credit aspect, I also have a Clarity card, NW flexplus account and credit card which I still use occasionally but the Revolut is definitely the most convenient and with the best exchange rates.

When using a credit card for exchange the rate applied is not the one applicable at the point of sale but whenever your provider receives the transfer, which can be a couple of days later, of course this could workto your advantage if the rate goes up.

With the Revolut card the exchange rate is live at the time of exchange.

For anyone with a euro bank account the Revolut card is a superb free method of transferring money into the account.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Exactly. Why risk tying your hard earned cash up in a prepaid card ..

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The thief can't even do that as you can stop the card instantly by the app on your phone. (And restart it again instantly if you find you had just mislaid it...)

I repeat...

For anyone with a smart phone and internet access the Revolut Card and system is the BEST of them all.

You also get an app with clarity.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
You also get an app with clarity.

That is great news...

does Clarity supply travel insurance by the day? Can you send money instantly between Clarity cards instantly? Does Clarity give you inter bank rates at the second you use it to exchange money?

Just wondering...

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
That is great news...

does Clarity supply travel insurance by the day? Can you send money instantly between Clarity cards instantly? Does Clarity give you inter bank rates at the second you use it to exchange money?

Just wondering...

Why would you need all that for couple of weeks holiday .lol .my travel insurance is with through my bank as is breakdown .. So just need the clarity card for everything and if it should go boobs up I still have my bank debit card ...dont need or want to tie up my cash in a prepaid card where exchange rates can be a loser rather than a winner all the time ...

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Why would you need all that for couple of weeks holiday .lol .my travel insurance is with through my bank as is breakdown .. So just need the clarity card for everything and if it should go boobs up I still have my bank debit card ...dont need or want to tie up my cash in a prepaid card where exchange rates can be a loser rather than a winner all the time ...
Wait til you retire and can go away for months at a time! You don't have to leave money tied up on your Revolut card, just transfer it back to your bank account. It will be at the interbank rate once again so nothing like Caxton, Fairfx and travelex which give you a terrible rate to convert back.

Deleted User

Your avatar gives an address in France?

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Wait til you retire and can go away for months at a time! You don't have to leave money tied up on your Revolut card, just transfer it back to your bank account. It will be at the interbank rate once again so nothing like Caxton, Fairfx and travelex which give you a terrible rate to convert back.
Retired and live in France .lol

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
No need to prolong this as we've had it all before, but don't know why everyone hasn't got a clarity card, if you don't use it ,it doesn't cost a penny, come to think of it it doesn't cost anything if you do use it(y)
You will never know how good they are till you get one:)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
I was almost sure the thread title was... Revolut card..

with an offer of a free card for all new customers applying before 11th march.

just double checked.. yup.. can't see Charity Card
:sneaky: .. or whatever it's called

please stay on topic :whistle2:

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I was almost sure the thread title was... Revolut card..

with an offer of a free card for all new customers applying before 11th march.

just double checked.. yup.. can't see Charity Card
:sneaky: .. or whatever it's called

please stay on topic :whistle2:
Thing is clarity cards are always free(y) surely that's the topic:whistle:

Deleted User
No need to prolong this as we've had it all before, but don't know why everyone hasn't got a clarity card, if you don't use it ,it doesn't cost a penny, come to think of it it doesn't cost anything if you do use it(y)

Likewise the Revolut card:)......... I've got both and I know which is best:)

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Used to have a claity card , nothing wrong with it but Revolut better for my needs , replacement card sent to you wherever you are and easy transfer to my litlle treasures when they're travelling, two are now earning but we can come to the rescue as us parents do! Clarity may now deliver replacement cards overseas but they used to only do it to your regusterd home address.
There are pros and cons to just about everything but still haven't found a con for Revolut!

100brian

Free Member
Oct 13, 2013
isle of man
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
since 1990
I am another for the revolut card about the best card out there.
I also have the clarity card but never use it now.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
But can’t get one if u don’t live in the UK

OP
OP
Figaro
Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Wow, didn't want to start an argument about who has the best card !
I like my Revolut card and just wanted to alert other that initial fee is waived until 11th march.
The main downside to revolut I can see in the limited ATM use. I believe it's set at 300 euro per month.
It meets my needs when travelling.

Deleted User
Up to £5000 or €5000 free per year, even after that the charges are very reasonable, we needed to transfer just under €10,000 we used 2 accounts to avoid charges.

I think you will find that exchanges up to £5000/€5000 per month are free as are FX transfers to another account but I notice in the T&C's that top ups are limited to £25000 pa.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Only downside I've found with Revolut is if you transfer money to foreign accounts it can take 2 to 3 days
I tried it in the ATM in Thailand and the bank charges 220 baht.

Mickey
Though all cards do that in Thailand. My daughter lives in Bangkok, with her Thai bank card outside of Bangkok she gets charged.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I think you will find that exchanges up to £5000/€5000 per month are free as are FX transfers to another account but I notice in the T&C's that top ups are limited to £25000 pa.
On a standard account total of all transactions s is £12,000 a year, I'm sure for bank transfers to foreign accounts it's 5k per year then charges of 0.5% apply.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back