Free Member
Jul 1, 2017
Co durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper broadway fb
Exp
4 months
Being a relevant newbie to wandering around in a shed,I found myself looking at reviews where to go,what surprises me ,is how visitors to a site mark it well with 4 or 5 stars then give it a slating. Nearly every site I have been on have tidyish toilet blocks but the showers are dreadful having to run round to get wet, but no one seems to mention it,does every one have shit showers or is it just me.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Good long hot showers are a rarity in campsites. The trick is to buy a shed with a good shower on board; that way you don't have to put up with those cold clinging shower curtains and other people's verrucas. :D

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
,does every one have shit showers or is it just me.

I guess you haven't been a C&MC site . the toilets and showers would put many a hotel to shame .. plenty of hot water, no time limit and generally spotless.

However, we prefer basic sites like CLs which are a lot cheaper.. and with great on-board facilities, a toilet/shower block isn't required.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
One of the main reasons for us buying a motorhome was that we had all the facilities we needed on board. So why pay for them again by using a campsite? Our shower is better and much more convenient, and we don't end up soaking our clothes because there is not enough room in the cubicle. And, as @Jim says, no other people's verrucas, just our own. On the few occasions we stay on sites we rarely use their showers.

OP
OP
Mickp1694

Mickp1694

Free Member
Jul 1, 2017
Co durham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper broadway fb
Exp
4 months
I think you're all correct ,I've stayed away from using the shower onboard because of the stories about damp etc,it's far better than the camp site ones,but it's the ratings that get me as know one brings it up on reviews,our last stay was at Sandringham camp/ caravan and I put my twopence worth about their showers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back