Review of A and N Caravan Services (1 Viewer)

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
I was getting the motorhome ready to leave for Spain on Saturday, put some heat on so that I could fill the water tank and noticed that the Leisure battery amperage was reducing, no charge going in. Started the engine and that charged fine.

Checked everything I could and nothing seemed to be wrong, internal mains sockets working.

Emailed Martin at A and N Caravan services and he responded with various pieces of advice very quickly.

He suggested connecting the kettle lead from the Electroblok to a kettle and see if it heated up, it didn’t. Tried a multimeter and no current. I then realised that I had installed years ago an OVP to deal with fluctuations in electrical supply on foreign sites. So I disconnected the lead from the OVP and tried the multimeter again - power! So I then plugged the original power lead direct into the Electroblok and all is now working as it should.

Obviously the OVP has developed a fault and prevented the supply from getting through to the Electroblok.

I wouldn’t have thought of doing this so many thanks to Martin.

If you have an Electroblok problem he is the man to go to.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Very sad to report bad times for one of The Good Guys......

STOP PRESS :

It is no secret that Allan was diagnosed with Cancer early in 2017, when Martin, the Senior Technician, took over much of the day to day running of the company.

Allan has now accepted that the illness has meant it is time to formalise this arrangement and bow out of the business.

Martin has always repaired the Lions share of the Battery Chargers we take on, and this will continue with Martin also taking over the website as of 1/12/2017.

Martin is very highly experienced, 37 years in the Electronics Design and repair industry, able to repair most of the Worlds Caravan/Motorhome Battery chargers, so to all intents and purposes it will be business as usual.

Just contact us as you did before HERE.

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
Yes, very knowledgeable company and Allan really helpful guy, sad to hear that he is not well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back