Fall2fast

Free Member
Oct 18, 2020
Galashiels, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
Apologies in advance as I know reversing cameras have been covered in previous posts.

I plan to fit an aftermarket camera for reversing and also to use for rear view in traffic. Therefore I am looking at a wired dual camera system. I wondered if any Funsters have a system in use or that they would recommend and any thoughts on the mirror screen versus screen attached to the dash?

I had assumed that a supply from a reverse light or similar would be required to switch the reverse camera on but I think that some can be operated by pressing an icon on screen, though I would prefer to wire directly so that it switches from rear view to reverse when placed in reverse gear.

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
Vision Plus Ranger Twin Camera System { wired }.
Connect in the dash area to an ignition switched live 12V feed.
That is what I fit to My van{s}, crystal clear screen.
Screen clips on to the already there cab mirror.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Fall2fast

Fall2fast

Free Member
Oct 18, 2020
Galashiels, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
Vision Plus Ranger Twin Camera System { wired }.
Connect in the dash area to an ignition switched live 12V feed.
That is what I fit to My van{s}, crystal clear screen.
Screen clips on to the already there cab mirror.
Thanks, I had a look online...nice kit, pricey though. That said beats repair costs for any dings. (y) :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Sep 4, 2020
Chester
Funster No
MH
Hymer S630
Exp
Since 2018
I can't vouch for this system as I haven't bought it yet but looking at the specs I was looking at getting something from these guys. I have a drop down bed so have no choice but to go for the monitor type!

BROKEN LINK

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
We have the twin camera on our Hymer I have changed the system so that I can choose which camera I want manually as when automatic switch puts it in reversing position you’re looking at the rear of the van and not what is say 5m behind so it’s nice to be able to switch between the two to check you are not backing into a tree or wall just out of vision of the reversing lens.😊

Upvote 0
Aug 2, 2020
North Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey SE 76-2T
Exp
Since 2016
I bought a twin camera setup with a mirror mount monitor from DRWelecteonics.com. Owner was most helpful and explained in detail how I should go about fitting it. You can change the camera view from the monitor easily. I connected mine into a switched power supply so it only worked when the ignition was on. Dave even replaced one of the cameras when it stopped working without any question.
James

Upvote 0
Jul 12, 2013
The City of Henlow
Funster No
MH
Adria Supreme
Exp
Since 1980
I vote for the mirror fixing, as it is the logical place to look when driving most vehicles. Mine automatically switches to close up lens when reversing otherwise it is showing following vehicles. If in doubt I can switch to close camera on a button. Would not wish to be without it and reversing sensors.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
to pick up a live triggered reversing light feed in the cab, there is one in the standard loom behind the radio. Don't ask me what colour wire, as I really can't remember. You can also tap off there for an ignition switched live to power the monitor. Run it under the dashboard, up behind the A pillar cover and behind the headlining to the mirror position

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Fall2fast

Fall2fast

Free Member
Oct 18, 2020
Galashiels, UK
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest
Exp
Thanks for the information guys.....makes sense having the monitor where the mirror is - and I will have a l will have a look behind the radio to see if I can pick up the reverse light feed (y)(y)

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back