Reversing/ Rear Camera (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Am after some advice on sourcing a new, not expensive reversing camera as mine seems to have developed a bloom on the lens and can’t get a good picture any more, and don’t think it’s repairable or replaceable as it was all made in China and a retro fit on the van when we got it.
Might also need a new small screen.
Black and white is ok, not fussed on colour but do need to see what’s behind as have no rear view mirror or through-van view.
Thanks

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Upvote 0
Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Am after some advice on sourcing a new, not expensive reversing camera as mine seems to have developed a bloom on the lens and can’t get a good picture any more, and don’t think it’s repairable or replaceable as it was all made in China and a retro fit on the van when we got it.
Might also need a new small screen.
Black and white is ok, not fussed on colour but do need to see what’s behind as have no rear view mirror or through-van view.
Thanks
If you can take it apart its probably just condensation on the lens.

IMG_20210715_103817.jpg

Upvote 0

suavecarve

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2009
Surrey/Hants
Funster No
MH
Rollerteam 685
Exp
July 09
If you can take it apart its probably just condensation on the lens.

View attachment 531540
This is highly likely to be your issue and if you can't mend it a replacement camera is about £15 (might not be exact swap)

I recently replaced my singular camera for 2 cameras and including the £25 housing unit and necessary wires it was slightly over £60 in total ....... And about 4 hours working out which connections to buy and 4 hours of unnecessary wire chasing.

But now I can see down the road behind me and my rear end when reversing

Upvote 0
Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
Ours was steamed up quite badly the other winter the van is parked facing the sun all day so the cameras don’t get warm for months.
Happened to take it out to a local garden centre parked with the cameras facing the sun, by the time we came out they were all clear and stayed that way.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Captain Yoghurtpot
Apr 13, 2019
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
MH
Ci Coachbuilt
Exp
Since September 2018
Thanks folks for the replies.
Have taken it apart but lens is a sealed unit.
This is not an expensive unit, more an eBay “special” so repairs are futile.
However, having had a play with the monitor contrast, brightness and colour I now have a serviceable picture for my needs for now, but think in the long run a new camera and smaller monitor will be on my Santa list.
That is providing shortages as predicted for this Christmas don’t happen.🤔
Will keep those interested in the “picture” for the future……..(groan!) 😎

PS: Having just watched the new BBC drama “Vigil”, if all else fails I may resort to fitting a periscope to see what’s behind me. 😂

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back