Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Hebburn, Tyne and Wear
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Anyone had a Parksafe PS7006 with a twin camera fitted to their motorhome? I have recently had one fitted and the picture quality isn't very good. The dealer has swapped everything on the kit and the picture still not that great any views.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
A photo would be useful - it's hard to make a comparison with others without seeing yours. None of them are exactly HD quality but most seem adequate for their intended purpose.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
No experience of that particular make but last year I swopped my single camera Waeco for a twin lens system from parkingcameras.com and the picture quality on both cameras is excellent. Perhaps your dealer has a batch of cameras with faults.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
We have a Sargeant dual camera which was great to start with, gradually faded then died completely [about 7 months from new, after a 3-month tour]. It turned out to need a new screen.

Richard Williams

Free Member
Oct 30, 2014
Witney Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Panel Built
Exp
Since August 2014
I have just fitted a twin set of reversing/rear view cameras
|CAM31| Twin Lens White Bracket Camera - 2 x 1/4" Sony CCD Sensors from Parkingcameras.com, to our 1992 J reg Elddis Autoquest 320S
Not the easiest job I have undertaken, took me best part of a day as I am not as agile as I used to be (69 touching 70)
Fitted the screen in place of the rear view mirror
ePathChina® 7 inch TFT Color LCD Car Rear View Camera Monitor Support Rotating The Screen and 2 AV Inputs, (useless bit of kit, the mirror not the monitor, if ever there was one fitted to a vehicle)
I bought a 7 inch screen, but I now think a 5 inch would be more than adequate.
The resolution is not great (the fault of the monitor not the cameras), but good enough for the job.
I have not bothered with picking up the reversing light signal to automatically swap cameras, as it is just as easy to touch the button on the monitor ( anyway, when I looked down into the bowels of the engine where the reversing switch is I am sure I saw something moving in the accumulated grease :whistle: )

Tessntim

Free Member
Jun 22, 2014
Devon
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato
Exp
We just bought a reversing camera with 2 cameras and are stumped how to wire the 2 cameras what to wire the power leads 2 on the bk

Richard Williams

Free Member
Oct 30, 2014
Witney Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
Panel Built
Exp
Since August 2014
We just bought a reversing camera with 2 cameras and are stumped how to wire the 2 cameras what to wire the power leads 2 on the bk
What type did you get.
Did you also buy the extension leads, it is long lead with a small thin connector on one end and two larger screw in connectors on the other?
Also, what type of monitor did you get, as you will probably need to get a set of conversion leads to change the camera leads to fit the monitor leads.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The classic solution is to wire a reversing camera to the reversing lights but if you want them on all the time you need to find a permanent feed which is on when the engine is running, the 12v feed to the 'fridge should be ideal.

reenag06

Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starspirit
Exp
I'm a newbie
I bought a SYS243V83 from parking cameras which is a 7" monitor with twin cameras and had it installed by Dave Newell in Telford and it is great, very clear and good at night. Dave and Jackie were great and gave me two comp. tickets for bliss hill which is part of the iron bridge complex and you can walk there so we didn't have to sit around waiting. Highly recommend Dave.
Maureen

Volusia

Free Member
Oct 2, 2013
Haute Vienne France
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Recent converts from boating
Removed the 7 inch monitored reversing camera. Replaced it with a Garmin Dezil satnav, also 7inch, and bought the reversing camera add on.
It's not HD quality but it's very good and easy to set up!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back