Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starspirit
Exp
I'm a newbie
I have just bought an autocruise starspirit and want to have a wired reversing camera installed. Is this easy to do? Does anyone know anyone who could install one in the Cheshire area? Would a wireless one work ok?
Thanks

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Hi, some people have found that wireless cameras are prone to signal fade and interference, so a wired one is the best option. Dave Newell leisure services or Phil McNally from Rhinoinstalls might be worth a look. Phil does mobile fitting

Upvote 0

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
As David said.. forget the wireless.. they are just about ok in cars with a short distance between the camera and monitor..and while the RF signal is 'wireless' the camera still needs a wire ran from the cab to provide the 12vdc so no real saving in labour. Wired is more reliable and won't suffer interference.

You also have to decide if you want it switched 'on' when you select reverse gear or not.

It's a relatively easy but time consuming job, the cable can be routed either along the chassis rail, or inside through lockers, sometimes utilizing existing cable routes. ..
My preference is along the chassis rail.. I've installed two that way, but it can be dirty and awkward without a proper car ramp or pit. Inside takes more time to do a neat job.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
reenag06

reenag06

Free Member
Aug 13, 2014
cheshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise starspirit
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks guys, will def go for wired version and think dashboard mounted. Just need to find installer and will take a look at the two mentioned.

Upvote 0

trekkin

Free Member
Sep 12, 2014
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Rv
Exp
5 years but still learning
Hi just had a four camera system fitted ( two reverse, one back down the road,one down to the bumper, and one side left one side right by indicator repeaters) ,not massively more than a single, and gives clear view all around. Multiple or single view selectable on monitor via remote, works well

As the saying goes "you only fit them once so fit the best" you can

Adrian

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back