reversing camera (1 Viewer)

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
has any body had a 2 camera reversing camera fitted ,would you recomend one and what sort off price for supply and fit by the way its on a hymer silverline 562 on a transit chasiss thanks in advance

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi GPZ, We have a 2 reversing camera set up on our m/h, only thing I would comment on is the camera facing the road behind is fine but the one facing downwards doesn't seem wide enough angle and also when actually reversing ours only shows the downward angle which is set up about 2ft 6inches from rear of van,which is OK when at the last few feet but doesn't show any obstacles until you are very very close to them. I'm not sure if you can get a set up where it shows both angles at the same time. We haven't had any problems ( keeping everything crossed)as I always double check with outside mirrors and if in doubt I send the wife out to check.
Terry

Andy

Free Member
May 25, 2014
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Hi GPZ, like Fidget I've also had two lense reversing/rear view camera fried to my Hymer 664.
As already stated, rear view is excellent, in colour etc.......parking is same as Fidgets set up by the sounds................I manage as I can also see out of back window, (not 100% but ((hopfully)) enough) + I've a double mirror set up each side of vehicle.

Without looking out recipt, think I paid approx. £380-ish supplied and fitted on site, which given the guy was there for 31/2 hours and made a very neat and tidy job of it, I thought wasn't too bad.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
I can supply you with a auto electricians tel number who can supply and fit or if you already have the camera he can just fit, if your near to the Stoke Cheshire area its what he does on his days off from working at a motorhome/caravan company (y)

OP
OP
gpz

gpz

May 24, 2012
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
converted movano
Exp
thanks for your replys i just needed some sort off idea off cost and unfortunately im in north yorks so quite a way away im sure if i start too look i will be able to find someone fairly close thanks again

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
If this helps with some sort of idea - I already had the cameras (2 separate ones - not the 2 in 1 ) and the screen that clips onto the rear view mirror, i had 1 camera mounted near the top of the van (just above a third brake light) to view outwards and another mounted to the underneath of the rear bumper for reversing, the guy did all the wiring and fitting for £120 - i just went to his house (about a hours drive from me) on his day off and sorted it all !

edriver

Free Member
Oct 26, 2014
Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
I'm a Newbie
I am now shaping up to buying a reversing camera set-up having just reversed gently into a thin branch of a tree in a car-park and punctured a small hole in the outer skin of the bathroom window!! Can anyone help with a decent and sensibly priced one please. Also the damage to the rear window is only the outer skin and I have repaired immediately with waterproof and uv proof clear tape any suggestions of what's best to do re permanent repair or replacement. Thanks for any help you can offer, I'm still on a steep learning curve!!

Wickolad

Free Member
Sep 10, 2013
Wickersley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Newbie to MH, 20yrs+ Caravanning.
Hi GPZ, We have a 2 reversing camera set up on our m/h, only thing I would comment on is the camera facing the road behind is fine but the one facing downwards doesn't seem wide enough angle and also when actually reversing ours only shows the downward angle which is set up about 2ft 6inches from rear of van,which is OK when at the last few feet but doesn't show any obstacles until you are very very close to them.
Terry
Hi Terry, just wondering re your comment above, would the camera with the view of the road behind be more beneficial to you whilst reversing? If so maybe you could swap over the two inputs to your screen unit thereby making that camera the primary view whilst reversing. Alternatively there may be a facility in system settings for selecting camera 1/2 or both.
Only a thought and not wishing to appear to be trying to teach grandma to suck eggs if you know what I mean. :)

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I have a twin lens system fitted to my PVC. One is directly looking down at the tow hitch to enable me to hitch up the car and the other can be set at a distance to suit yourself (within reason). My monitor is a flip down roof mounted version as I didn't want another gadget on the dash and I couldn't accommodate a mirror based system because of my blinds. I purchased off the internet for approx £150 and had installed locally at a cost of approx £120. Also I specified that I didn't want the wiring linked to my reverse gear as I wanted the option of checking on my tow hitch whilst driving - car or bike rack. I can switch monitor
between the 2 cameras as I wish.
Sorry this has been a long thread but all things for you to consider before deciding on which system you require.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back