reversing camera (1 Viewer)

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
My M/H is built on a new Peugeot Boxer I have had a look behind the cab courtesy lights and there is a spare cable with connector unused.
An OE option for these cabs is a Monitor that repaces the rear view mirror for reversing and a few other funtions.

Has anyone fitted the OE monitor and if so what camera did you fit and more important what is the cost.

Will this be better than an aftermarket monitor and rear camera ??

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
My M/H is built on a new Peugeot Boxer I have had a look behind the cab courtesy lights and there is a spare cable with connector unused.
An OE option for these cabs is a Monitor that repaces the rear view mirror for reversing and a few other funtions.

Has anyone fitted the OE monitor and if so what camera did you fit and more important what is the cost.

Will this be better than an aftermarket monitor and rear camera ??

Hi try giving Darren or Glen Harris a ring, they may be able to help you.

Regards

Peter

OP
OP
buccaneer

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
Hi try giving Darren or Glen Harris a ring, they may be able to help you.

Regards

Peter

Will do Peter, although I did ring your company in Dec 2007 and spoke to a Lady who said when i asked for you'O no you cannot speak to him, so I asked to speak to your service manager,no one every rang me back.

I problem was sorted by another Peter:thumb:

I will try you again tommorrow.

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Will do Peter, although I did ring your company in Dec 2007 and spoke to a Lady who said when i asked for you'O no you cannot speak to him, so I asked to speak to your service manager,no one every rang me back.

I problem was sorted by another Peter:thumb:

I will try you again tommorrow.

Regards

Sorry about that but I am not on site a lot as I live 80 miles away! Darren's pretty good on reversing cameras although the professional wired ones are expensive.

There are some very good wireless ones on ebay, about £99!! do a search on 'wireless camera'

Will kick some arse tomorrow!

Regards

Peter

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i bought a reversing camera and monitor from an ebay seller but i cant remember the make at the mo and the vans under wraps so i cant get at it but its not a bad setup.
audio is a waste of time due to RF noise (alternator i think) and i get some 'flaring' in bright sun but providing the suns not behind you its ok.
i dont use the reverse picture mode as i cant get me 'ead round it and only ever use mirrors to reverse anyway but i did try it and it works if you can get used to it.
if i want to reverse or check the toad i just turn on the monitor.

check it out here. Link Removed

john.

OP
OP
buccaneer

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
Thanks for replies,that setup for £79.99 looks a good deal but he has no items on sale at the moment.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
I have a wireless camera and it useless always bluescreens when I need it.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Thanks for replies,that setup for £79.99 looks a good deal but he has no items on sale at the moment.

Try this, wireless and wired option for longer vehicle

Link Removed

or just do a search on 'wireless camera' Loads on there.

Link Removed

Regards

Peter

OP
OP
buccaneer

buccaneer

Free Member
Oct 14, 2007
Funster No
thanks Peter, did try a wireless one not very good.

A question why is John cross? is it a crossroads or some other reason,in my area we have a Ralph's wife lane I will have to find out about that one day.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
A question why is John cross? is it a crossroads or some other reason,in my area we have a Ralph's wife lane I will have to find out about that one day.

I not alway's cross:roflmto::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Only when my camera bluescreens:winky::roflmto::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
thanks Peter, did try a wireless one not very good.

Dunno why the place is called that, there is also a Johns Cross Road down the side of us but we are actually on the main A21. Battle Road.

We are also in the Parish of Mountfield but the address is Robertsbridge !!

Good job the site is prominent and its a 30mph limit and a damn great big roundabout 250 yards away, you would never find us on a sat nav!!!!!:ROFLMAO:

Peter

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back