reversing camera (1 Viewer)

chris323

Free Member
Mar 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
motorhome
need to replace the current system as the camera has failed (full of condesation inside the lense and virtually un viewable)
anybody got links to a cheep but reasonable system?

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Just try replacing the camera. It will be plugged into the loom inside within a meter of the camera. Usually on two din plugs

OP
OP
C

chris323

Free Member
Mar 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
motorhome
its on some odd 5 pin i think it was conector not seen any other with the same type on conection

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 30, 2019
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Since 2017
One of ours was like that today, after being parked up for 3 months, facing north.
We went for a drive to give the van a run out, we stopped for a good half hour with the camera facing the sun and it’s now cleared itself.
Might be worth moving your van to get some sun on it first before the hassle of replacing it.

Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
How about using a hair dryer first nothing to lose?

SteveJ

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 30, 2018
March, Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 620
Exp
Since 2013
Do a search for 5 Pin reversing camera on fleabay, there are a couple there, Google the same and there are a few others, looks like this is an available but not particularly standard cable configuration. The majority that use the same cable for signal and power use a 4 pin version. I have attached the pin out of the different cable types, you may be able to either get, or make up, a 5 to 4 pin adapter and get a 4 pin camera as a replacement, there are plenty of those around.
I found that my cameras always filled up with condensation over winter, so I rewired them with IP67 connectors with panel mounted IP67 sockets and fitted them to the brackets using thumbscrews so I can remove them in the winter. Usually bringing them indoors for a few days does clear them.
Dual_Camera_Kit_Pin_Outs.jpg

OP
OP
C

chris323

Free Member
Mar 21, 2020
Funster No
MH
motorhome
camera has been taken apart befor and heated up with a hair dryer water just return within hours
will look wiring a differ type of camera in and cutting and solding the current cable to suit the new equipment

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
I bought a combined brake light and camera. Hoping to fit it this week

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back