Reversing Camera (1 Viewer)

fursty ferret

Free Member
Sep 11, 2017
Funster No
Any advice on best model to get would be appreciated as new to Motorhoming. Have read about them & looks like the wireless ones are not reliable. We have a VW T4 Compass Calypso & want a system that acts as rearview mirror & good for parking as well with clip on over the mirror display if possible. Look FWD to your advises. Cheers.

mjvw

Free Member
May 29, 2018
Funster No
Any advice on best model to get would be appreciated as new to Motorhoming. Have read about them & looks like the wireless ones are not reliable. We have a VW T4 Compass Calypso & want a system that acts as rearview mirror & good for parking as well with clip on over the mirror display if possible. Look FWD to your advises. Cheers.

I have a Holdsworth Valentine special on a VW T4 1995, I use a wireless garmin reverse camera (garmin reverse camera bc30) on a Drive 50 sat nav this has never let me down, the camera is mounted internally on the ledge of the rear window, power is provide to the camera via the a spur from the 12v light closest to the camera the display/sat nav is mounted on the dashboard via a clip/socket attached to acrylic cover that replaces one of the switch covers.
The whole unit can be removed in a seconds and place into another vehicle easily.

Little bit pricey but easy to setup and install.

MJVW

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi have a search on eBay .... Chinese twin cameta set ups can be bought for under fifty quid ....had a couple and they have been very good hard wired,one reverse and one rear view

Upvote 0
Oct 28, 2011
west midlands
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
new
Definitely get a twin lens camera, so you get a reverse view when reversing and a permanent rear view when driving. Wouldn't worry about the satnav version, you can plug a satnav in as and when you need one. Obviously, some twin lens cameras and clip on set ups are better than others, more expensive too !

Upvote 0
D

DL42846

Deleted User
If you don't get a twin camera system go for a 180 degree camera. I recently had my old system removed. It was a WACO which is the most expensive and most unreliable system. I had a french system fitted which works very well but the camera lens is a 120 degree and you can only have it set either for reversing OR rear view whereas with my old 180 degree camera it would cover both.
I will probable change the camera to a twin system soon. My 120 is great for reversing but no rear view.

Upvote 0

Silas

Free Member
May 1, 2018
Stafford
Funster No
MH
Kontiki
Exp
One month
I fitted a reverse camera a short while ago. I made the mistake of using a monitor that is a mirror that clips over the cab mirror. It works ok but I can hardly see the image as the reflections on it are intense. Also it has the sky as a background which makes the problem even worse. Probably ok at night, but not used it in the dark yet.

I'll probably replace the monitor soon.

Upvote 0
D

DL42846

Deleted User
I fitted a reverse camera a short while ago. I made the mistake of using a monitor that is a mirror that clips over the cab mirror. It works ok but I can hardly see the image as the reflections on it are intense. Also it has the sky as a background which makes the problem even worse. Probably ok at night, but not used it in the dark yet.

Glad you posted this as I have my monitor situated on the dash, and I was wandering if it would have been better on the mirror. Hope it works out for you.

Upvote 0
Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999

I had the same problem. Look for a phone or tablet screen guard that's anti-reflective. I found one that cut to size and covered the image area of the monitor. Completely solved the problem.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back