Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
The new van we are buying is described as being "pre-cabled" for a reversing camera.
Does this mean it will be a simple plug and play job (plus attaching the camera to the van) if I buy one?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
What van??
I've got a chausson that is pre wired.. I fitted my own and didn't use the fitted wiring which comes in the form of a data type connection... again I assume for fitting to a dash mounted screen they supply..
A picture of the supplied wiring in mine.. wouldn't have a clue how to go about adapting that so just installed my own..
20170118_171049.jpg

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Don't have a reversing camera .i just wait for the crunch . Easy no wiring problems ..Roy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
Our new Rapido PVC was pre-wired for a reversing camera. But I didn't do it myself, instead asked Vanbitz to fit one. And yes - although they weren't certain at the outset - in the event, I understand they were able to make use of the pre-wiring. The set-up has a separate monitor fixed in the off-side corner on top of the dash. Assume the pre-wiring would have been designed to plug into a monitor integrated in the radio, but I don't know that for certain?

Anyway, it was a good job, looks neat and works well.

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
The camera is integrated into the high-level rear brake light, so very unobtrusive - see the silver van in the image in the link (not our van, by the way):

http://storage.highbridgecaravans.co.uk/motorhome/2016-dreamer-d58/new/27774/13px-57c6b368032cd.png

If you then look at the white van, to the left of the image - it's an identical van, but with the standard high-level brake light ie no camera.

In fact, the camera on the silver van was fitted by Rapido, but it looks much like ours. The vans are Dreamers, which are Rapido's budget brand, but they all go down the same production line in France, as you probably know.

However, if you search on the net generally, or on eBay, you'll see there are various designs that are 'integrated' for the Fiat Ducato.

Oh and this link illustrates the kit I had fitted:

http://www.shopping4camping.be/waeco-perfectview-rvs565.html

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back