Reversing camera screen identification. (1 Viewer)

seamus62

Free Member
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Does anyone know what model this reversing camera screen is? Just bought the van and it is not switching on when engaging reverse. Just blank screen. The power on button on the screen does nothing. Before I go back to the dealer I wanted to check if I was ding something stupid so thought I'd check the documentation if I can find it online. Thanks in advance.

IMG_6214.jpg

Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
It looks like a generic aftermarket Chinese screen. I have the same one but it's configured as a rear view camera so on all the time. Is there any life in yours at all? It will normally go to blue screen if there's an error. There are two video inputs so is it set to the correct input?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

seamus62

Free Member
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
No life apparent at all. I've checked the connections and all seem sturdy. Is there a switch to switch between the outputs maybe the V1/V2 button on the front? None of the buttons seem to have any affect.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Dec 2, 2019
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Broken most bits now
No life apparent at all. I've checked the connections and all seem sturdy. Is there a switch to switch between the outputs maybe the V1/V2 button on the front? None of the buttons seem to have any affect.
Yes, the V1/V2 is the input toggle but if it's lifeless rather than blue screen then it's more likely the 12v supply. You're probably better taking it back to the dealers for them to chase the wiring to find the fault.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

seamus62

Free Member
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
Many thanks all - I'll contact the dealer.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
You should also have a little remote control for it, although it's not vital.

Have you been able to trace where the wiring goes as there may be an isolation switch?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

seamus62

Free Member
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
If you start the engine and put it in reverse gear does it work then? It may be wired so that it only works in this way.

You should also have a little remote control for it, although it's not vital.
Hi. Thanks. No - completely dead when engine is on and reverse gear engaged.

Upvote 0
Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Generic screen.
Mine has NO switch linked to reverse gear.
The button above the power on and off (bottom right) switches between camera 1 and 2 if fitted.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

seamus62

Free Member
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I should have mentioned that the reversing lights work fine just not the camera screen.

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
We have the same one. I've had a rummage and found what they refer to as the 'manual'! 😆. Would it help if I sent you a copy?

Wyn

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Hi. Thanks. No - completely dead when engine is on and reverse gear engaged.
You're too quick for me and nabbed my post when I was editing it as I realised afterwards that you'd mentioned this earlier. :giggle:

Have you been able to trace where the wiring goes as there may be an isolation switch?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

seamus62

Free Member
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We have the same one. I've had a rummage and found what they refer to as the 'manual'! 😆. Would it help if I sent you a copy?

Wyn
Hi Wyn thats very kind. If there is a troubleshooting page perhaps you could send a photo? Its looking more likely that the power to the device is just not working.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

seamus62

Free Member
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
You're too quick for me and nabbed my post when I was editing it as I realised afterwards that you'd mentioned this earlier. :giggle:

The wiring heads into the roof somewhere. It is connected correctly to the device itself but my tracking skills are not the best so can't see the entire run of wire. I've left a message with the dealer so if there is an isolation switch somewhere hopefully he'll let me know.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
The wiring heads into the roof somewhere. It is connected correctly to the device itself but my tracking skills are not the best so can't see the entire run of wire. I've left a message with the dealer so if there is an isolation switch somewhere hopefully he'll let me know.
Have a look at the cab battery (front of passenger seat in the floor) to see if it is connected there with an inline fuse which has blown.

Upvote 0

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hi Wyn thats very kind. If there is a troubleshooting page perhaps you could send a photo? Its looking more likely that the power to the device is just not working.
The 'Manual' consists of this A5 sheet of paper! It does not even bear a manufacturers' name. The monitor works quite well though.

Attachments

• Rear view mon010.jpg
    Rear view mon010.jpg
    259.9 KB · Views: 64
Upvote 0
Jun 8, 2019
Bexley Kent
Funster No
MH
Given up Motorhoming
Exp
May 2019
Add my thanks also I wondered what the extra remote was for🤔🤔

Upvote 0

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
I have the same monitor and two cameras. The mh is in storage at the mo but if I remember rightly when I installed the thing there is a bow where the two cameras and the live feed from the reverse light connects, this then feeds to the monitor. If the feed from the reverse light is broken not connected to the intermediate bow then that bow will not supply a live feed to the monitor.

This is the itemI bought and when I contacted them in Nov 2017 they said they would sell a monitor seperately, but first you need to ensure it is the monitor and not wiring/fuse at fault.

hope this helps you, if you were close to us I would take a look.

p.s. This unit still works 4 years on, some of the functions on the monitor do not work, ie screen brightness, but I have added an inline switch so I can turn it off during dark hours.

I am guessing but recon the electronics in the monitor itself have gone a bit oops

Upvote 0
OP
OP
S

seamus62

Free Member
Dec 8, 2020
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I have the same monitor and two cameras. The mh is in storage at the mo but if I remember rightly when I installed the thing there is a bow where the two cameras and the live feed from the reverse light connects, this then feeds to the monitor. If the feed from the reverse light is broken not connected to the intermediate bow then that bow will not supply a live feed to the monitor.

This is the itemI bought and when I contacted them in Nov 2017 they said they would sell a monitor seperately, but first you need to ensure it is the monitor and not wiring/fuse at fault.

hope this helps you, if you were close to us I would take a look
Thanks for this filopastry.

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Those screens are about £20 on ebay, but it sounds like no power getting to the unit. This will be fused in the loom hidden in the head lining. Power will be taken from another circuit, often behind the radio or from the fusebox by the drivers knee on the ducato/boxer

Upvote 0

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
I installed one in my transit van a few weeks back. Turn the ignition on and the screen beeps once and turns on. If no video signal it goes into standby mode waiting for a trigger from the reverse switch circuit (or power to it for a rear view camera)

As I recall there are 3 bare wires to connect and 2 video plugs. The wires are red, positive, black, negative and green, trigger, which needs a positive feed. The red wire has a 20mm glass fuse and holder in it

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back