reversing camera 'rear view mirror' (2 Viewers)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I agree an HD camera isn't relevant but I chose the camera more on size & appearance - especially given the price. I haven't found the viewing angle to be a significant disadvantage: in fact the extra vertical angle means I can see within a couple of feet of the rear of the van and have a "rear view mirror" view of the road. The extra horizontal angle doesn't matter. I use this monitor although on the last van I used the one I suggested in my other post.
I have a completely different set up Tony.
Two cameras, one with a 3mm focal length and one 8mm.. Mind you, at the moment I am 'without' the 8mm unit as someone was stuck for one and I let them have mine, to be replaced when they get a chance :)
I have just fitted a spare 4mm unit in an old double bracket I had.. not great for my purpose but it will do ( ish :) )
My mnitor takes and displays up to 4 cameras at once

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
What does one do if one wants a rear-view-mirror monitor/dashcam but there's no mirror at all, just a blck blob on the windscreen where it would go?
I.e: on a new Peugeot Boxer.
Just get a replacement mirror unit complete from a main stealer or a breakers yard... Then take it with the van to any decent windscreen fitter and ask them to fit it with some of the tape they use
Done twice over the years.. neither time charged a penny !

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
What does one do if one wants a rear-view-mirror monitor/dashcam but there's no mirror at all, just a blck blob on the windscreen where it would go?
I.e: on a new Peugeot Boxer.

Just don't do this if you have Remis blinds! :rolleyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have a completely different set up Tony.
Two cameras, one with a 3mm focal length and one 8mm.. Mind you, at the moment I am 'without' the 8mm unit as someone was stuck for one and I let them have mine, to be replaced when they get a chance :)
I have just fitted a spare 4mm unit in an old double bracket I had.. not great for my purpose but it will do ( ish :) )
My monitor takes and displays up to 4 cameras at once

I intend to have another just above the number plate so I can see the towball & hitch the trailer without help. (I have a wife who genuinely cannot aim the towball by signalling to me.) My inner laziness would like another pointing at the waste outlet. I accidentally bought (too much vodka :)) a monitor that would display 4 cameras but it had no mirror setting and the resolution was poor too. So I found another device that accepts 4 cameras & switches between them using trigger signals from a simple switch (or the L/R indicators & reversing light used as intended) and bought another monitor.

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Is it legal to view a monitor or camera while driving, i suppose a sat nav is classed as one. I know you can't view a monitor while driving so just wondered if this was a monitor/tv
I asked auto sleeper at the show and they said they are not legal for continuous use only for reversing

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I asked auto sleeper at the show and they said they are not legal for continuous use only for reversing
And they were talking out of their bum ! ( polite as I possibly can be :) )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
We have one of those rear view mounted monitors. Works great as a rear view mirror....so much so that the wife has leaned over a couple of times to check her hair in the 'mirror' and was surprised she had no reflection. I don't think she is a vampire.....

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
I fitted one, hardwired, the only niggle I have is the Green ,amber, red lines on the picture, but you soon get over it.

Wide angle Camera(I can see all 3 lanes on the M/Way) and Monitor wiring etc £98

with some cameras there is a wire you can cut which gets rid of the lines?.............

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back