Reversing camera problem (1 Viewer)

Jul 15, 2015
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
Majestic 125 3
Exp
3 months
Hi, we bought the expensive but (so they told me) fantastic reversing camera. it was a Camos Jewel view and cost over £600. Its great for looking at what's behind you but when switched to reverse view I can only see just say, where my bike rack is but not both corners of the van. this means I can't trust it as I can't see ALL of what's behind me. I am thinking of getting sensors put on the back to insure I wont hit anything. Any thoughts?
Rob And Odette

Attachments

• 20201023_122745.jpg
    20201023_122745.jpg
    382.6 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
Warmleys
Jul 15, 2015
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
Majestic 125 3
Exp
3 months
we were lucky tho, were into second week of a 9 week trip when this happened. a very friendly Scotsman came and helped as he had lots of tools etc and we managed the whole 9 weeks with no problems. I so distressed the camera that I made my wife see me back all the time

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
We had an extra camera fitted to our bike rack
Worked a treat

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Hi, we bought the expensive but (so they told me) fantastic reversing camera. it was a Camos Jewel view and cost over £600. Its great for looking at what's behind you but when switched to reverse view I can only see just say, where my bike rack is but not both corners of the van. this means I can't trust it as I can't see ALL of what's behind me. I am thinking of getting sensors put on the back to insure I wont hit anything. Any thoughts?
Rob And Odette
Ouch! If it’s the twin reversing camera you’v got they are actually two differently angled lenses usually and if so they’ve been set wrongly, one of them gives approximately 160degrees viewing angle and the other I believe is 85 degrees, so the 160 (wide angle) one should be the one that looks down in the area beyond the bike rack giving you a view to the blind spots behind your van the other one 85 deg. looks straight back and should normally give you the same view as an interior mirror if you had one there is not really any point in having the lesser one giving a view out to your blind spot as you need a view down behind you and to the sides (blind spots) speak to whoever fitted it and tell them your thoughts, you can also check them yourself and check if the one looking straight out to the rear is giving you a fairly wide field of view, if it is they need to have the angles changed.

OP
OP
Warmleys
Jul 15, 2015
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
Majestic 125 3
Exp
3 months
I forgot to say, it only has 1 lens so you can't alter the angle but its the software that changes from looking back whilst driving and looks down when reversing

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
I’d have sensors before a camera. The I’d have the duchess out in the rain. Then I’d have a camera. :LOL: ;)

Campervan_man

Free Member
Jun 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus
Exp
You can buy a clip on camera system that fits just above your number plate

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
If you have sensors and then put a bike rack on you will have to turn the sensors off unless they are very clever. On our previous van, as soon as we put the towbar mounted bike rack on , that was an obstacle so parking sensors had to be switched off, didn’t bother with sensors on new van, I just have to hope Nick doesn’t get distracted by someone offering him a beer if he is supposed to be watching my rear end so to speak!

OP
OP
Warmleys
Jul 15, 2015
Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
Majestic 125 3
Exp
3 months
oh I hadn't thought of that. I will have to ask the garage to test it before they actually fit it. thanks for the heads up

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back