Reversing camera fitting (1 Viewer)

Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
My motorhome has a camera on the rear that shows what is behind me in my rear view mirror while I am driving. It is no use for when I am reversing because of the limited view.
I want to get a better camera fitted.
I know a lot of you fit your own cameras but that ain't gonna happen with me.
So where do I go to get one fitted? Can it be a mobile caravan servicer, a motorhome service department/ dealer or can a local garage fit one?
Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
If the wiring is sound, and it sounds like it is, then it should be an easy option to just swop the camera for a new one. When I had mine fitted I used the local audio engineer but I would think any auto electrician should be able to sort it for you or your local garage if you have one that you trust. Could you not just change the tilt on your camera or is it a case of the width of view you aren't happy with?

OP
OP
Aly1
Feb 17, 2012
merseyside
Funster No
MH
Murvi Pimento
Exp
Since 2015
If the wiring is sound, and it sounds like it is, then it should be an easy option to just swop the camera for a new one. When I had mine fitted I used the local audio engineer but I would think any auto electrician should be able to sort it for you or your local garage if you have one that you trust. Could you not just change the tilt on your camera or is it a case of the width of view you aren't happy with?

It just doesn't seem to be very good quality. The picture is poor. I think I am probably comparing it to the quality and range of view of the modern cameras in cars. I am just struggling with no one to guide me when reversing.
I will look for an auto electrician. Thanks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back