Reversing camera fitted onto rear view mirror.

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Barney23, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Barney23

Barney23 Funster

Ratings:
    +73
    What’s the best one to fit please ?
    Thanks

2. Speve

Speve Funster

Ratings:
    +4,195
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    • Like it Like it x 1
  3. Mikeco

Mikeco Funster

Ratings:
    +2,153
    DRW electronics sell a decent wired kit.

• Like it Like it x 1
  4. Feltwell

Feltwell

Ratings:
    +1,299
    For some reason your link didn't work for me Alan, but I think this is the site you meant:-

https://www.parkingcameras.com/store/home.php

I've got their rear view mirror monitor, clips over the top of the original mirror, works a treat and when switched off functions quite well as a mirror - I've got quite good through vision on my van, so I just have a single camera pointing down at the back bumper. In the usual way the camera and monitor are wired to the reversing lights so they come on when I engage reverse, and off and back to working as a "normal" mirror when driving forward.

You can fit it to be permanently on whilst driving and connected to 2 cameras so it switches automatically between looking down at the bumper when reversing, and giving a general rear view the rest of the time.

Only downside with it is that it is bigger than the original mirror and catches slightly on the sun visors on my van, the gap between the driver and passenger visors is narrower than the monitor width. Not a big enough problem that I've ever bothered to do anything about it though!

I'd fit another quite happily - it's the instinctive place to look and it saves having a separate monitor on the dash somewhere. Only other option I might look at would be if I had a head unit for the radio with a screen that could be utilised for a reversing camera.

This is the one I've got, but I think they've updated the camera to a newer and (allegedly) better spec since I bought mine:-

https://www.parkingcameras.com/store/motorhome-kits-pm30-series.html

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
    • Like it Like it x 1
    • Nice One! Nice One! x 1
  5. tonyidle

tonyidle Funster

Ratings:
    +7,171
    • Like it Like it x 1