Reversing Camera Connections - Help Needed? (1 Viewer)

leemeetee

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Autoroller Garage
Exp
Hi all, bought a Rollerteam Garage from new in Germany in 2007 and have enjoyed 9 years fairly problem free driving.....this spring however I noticed that the reversing camera was on the blink - it is connected to a 7 inch screen in the cab which is working (screen turns on when the screen is withdrawn from the dashboard).....however the camera died hopelessly a few weeks ago.
I have removed the camera but have now come to a dead-end as I'm finding it impossible to get a camera that will match the existing connections.
I have attached a picture of the connections (one is a wee 4 pin plug and the other is a smaller 2 pin job) any suggestions are most welcome.

CameraConn.jpg

Fletton

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky I Plus 650LG
Exp
First MoHo - April 2015
Is there nothing on Google... ref fitting instructions etc... that way you could glean what they do.. then modify if necessary ..

Deleted User
When you say the screen turns on, what is actually displayed. Are you getting a blank, but lit, screen or are you getting 'No Video' displayed on the screen.
Is it a wireless camera or hard wired.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited by a moderator:

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Sould be easy to connect any camera there are only 3 connections, video, +12v and earth, most will have 4 wires the 4th one being ground for 12v, both earths probably common in the camera.
Other option is to run a new cable thgrough.

Do make sure you get a camera that is compatible with the monitor, there are 2 video formats used, Pal & NTSC. Some monitors can except either, some just single format.

Last edited:
OP
OP
L

leemeetee

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Ireland
Funster No
MH
Autoroller Garage
Exp
Thanks for advice to date---
John T - had googled it to death and have spoken to a few motorhome companies in Ireland and UK offering reversing cameras and sent them same pic....all to no avail
Borderland - am getting a bluish screen saying AV1 and can switch to other, similarly bluish screen saying AV2 - it is a wired camera.
Lenny - thanks for tip re. formats - wouldn't have even thought of that - shudder at the thought of running a new cable through.

Deleted User
As Lenny said it should be easy to sort out the wiring as there would normally only be the +12v, Gnd, Video signal but there may also be an output from the reverse light to automatically switch on the monitor. Can you check the connections you have to see how many are connected to Gnd and how many have a +ve supply (could be +12v ign voltage and also voltage from reversing light). If this eliminates all but one cable then that one will be the video out from the camera.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back