Reversing camera - cable routing (1 Viewer)

eurobe

Free Member
Jul 7, 2020
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2020
Hi Everyone,
I'm struggling to work out the best route into the cabin for a wired reversing camera installation. We have a Burstner elegance i681 A Class. I've read that the easiest route is along the chassis rather than drilling into the rear double floor compartment and running through the underfloor to the front. The problem I'm having is working out how I can get the cable into the cab. If I bring up the cable into the engine compartment there appears to be no openings large enough to poke the cable into the back of the dash. Does anyone have any preferred routes in to the cab area or cabin to get to the monitor? Or general advice about running cables into an A class?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
If the battery box is in the floor between the seats then you can come through that, you can then push the cable up to behind the radio area and onwards.

Upvote 0

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I drilled into the cab area then used a rubber grommet and silicone sealant to stop water ingress.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Grummyb

Free Member
Dec 31, 2020
Corby
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since about 2013
I would imagine there will,be some existing cables running from the engine bay into the van probably some where on the same side as the dashboard ie off side if its RHD or nearside if its LHD if you can locate that you might be able to get your cable through the same grommet

Upvote 0
OP
OP
eurobe

eurobe

Free Member
Jul 7, 2020
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2020
If the battery box is in the floor between the seats then you can come through that, you can then push the cable up to behind the radio area and onwards.
Thanks Mikeco, oddly for me, on this motorhome, the starter battery is in the engine compartment! Goodness know how difficult that would be to change...

Upvote 0
OP
OP
eurobe

eurobe

Free Member
Jul 7, 2020
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2020
I drilled into the cab area then used a rubber grommet and silicone sealant to stop water ingress.
I think this is the option I'm drawn to - despite my hesitance in opening up the outside word to the double floor compartment...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
eurobe

eurobe

Free Member
Jul 7, 2020
Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2020
I would imagine there will,be some existing cables running from the engine bay into the van probably some where on the same side as the dashboard ie off side if its RHD or nearside if its LHD if you can locate that you might be able to get your cable through the same grommet
Thank you Grummyb - I've found that cable loom going into the cab from the engine bay and its just too tight with the end connector of the cable - I suppose I could remove it and re- terminate the cable, which had not occurred to me..

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back