Free Member
May 28, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 months and loving it
I purchased my 1994 Swift Kontiki on 1st May this year and have had 3 fantastic trips. I was nervous about the age of the motorhome but have covered more than 800 miles and the Talbot is running very well.

However on returning from our latest terip on Monday evening i reversed into the wall on our drive and have cracked the rear bumper. I think it is GRP, does anyone have any tips on how to fix or any repairers in the kKent area.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
GRP repairs are very easy for any ordinary car repair/ spray shop, a painted finish is more sucsessfull and cheaper that trying to repair the Gel coat
This type of repair is done on many new motor homes without the owner even knowing it,fully believing it has had a "proper" Gel Coat repair:thumb:
Geo

OP
OP
Locky

Locky

Free Member
May 28, 2009
Kent
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 months and loving it
Reversing camera

No surprise that i am thinking of investing in a reversing camera. What is the cheapest and most effective make and are they easy to fit. Is it worth just getting sensors as they seem to work very well on my car?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
reversing sensors are good.....i have them on my hilux, which i couldnt reverse park for the life of me, but no substitute for a reversing camera.

got my camera and monitor off ebay...£85
not the best by any means but it does the job.

doubles up as a toad/trailer viewer:thumb: i like to keep an eye on the toad....you forget its there.

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
I was nervous about the age of the motorhome but have covered more than 800 miles and the Talbot is running very well.

However on returning from our latest trip on Monday evening i reversed into the wall on our drive and have cracked the rear bumper. I think it is GRP, does anyone have any tips on how to fix or any repairers in the kent area.
Forget repairing plastic, rip it off and fit one of these instead.
Link Removed

Next time you hit anything, the only thing which will come worse off is whatever you hit or runs into the back of you.

I have one on the back of my Transit. It demolished a concrete garage. The bar is still perfect.......ready for the next demolition job!

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
get a good reversing camera, mine has already helped get me out of tight spots when boxed in by cars, and handy for reversing on my drive.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back