Bull

Free Member
Oct 10, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Ixeo 734
Exp
I've been reading on various forums that some sites on the continent have the opposite polarity on the EHU. We have a 2017 Burstner - am I correct in assuming new continental built motor homes can handle reverse polarity without the use of an adapter?

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Are you sure about that?
Welcome! And the answers is still yes. :) In Germany, for example, their plugs naturally fit either way into their sockets. The concept of live and neutral is irrelevant because their electrical safety systems have no problem with "reverse polarity" which is itself a meaningless term with AC anyway. But the key is "modern system" , not 20th Century UK standards. :)
The reason is if the system is designed correctly it can cope with live and neutral being reversed.

lozbou

Free Member
Sep 29, 2016
north yorkshire
Funster No
MH
low profile
Welcome! And the answers is still yes. :) In Germany, for example, their plugs naturally fit either way into their sockets. The concept of live and neutral is irrelevant because their electrical safety systems have no problem with "reverse polarity" which is itself a meaningless term with AC anyway. But the key is "modern system" , not 20th Century UK standards. :)
The reason is if the system is designed correctly it can cope with live and neutral being reversed.
Thanks for that, does that mean plugged in appliances are safe or do you have to make sure they have double pole switches.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
If you're really bothered about it get a tester and make up a polarity reverser lead. Cheap and easy, but not absolutely necessary.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Just got my tester out, oh no we're REVERSED! can't be arsed to correct it so if we don't make it to the next site, I want you all to know we love you very much and goodbye.. Sniff

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
Just got my tester out, oh no we're REVERSED! can't be arsed to correct it so if we don't make it to the next site, I want you all to know we love you very much and goodbye.. Sniff
Can I have first dibs on the camper if you snuff it?

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Don't worry, the worse that can happen is it will suck all the electricity out of all of your batteries, and probably all your gas too

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
....... but not absolutely necessary.

Two of your words are transposed it should read:

" .......... but absolutely not necessary."

Please note that this is NOT a grammar criticism but the presentation of an alternative (and factually accurate) statement!

Ian

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hmmm - don't absolutely agree.............:p:p

Some people will absolutely have to have one, others absolutely not.:cheers:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Thanks for that, does that mean plugged in appliances are safe or do you have to make sure they have double pole switches.

They're perfectly safe unless you decide to start taking them to bits while they're still plugged in (y)

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Hmmm - don't absolutely agree.............:p:p

Some people will absolutely have to have one, others absolutely not.:cheers:
Isn't that a leading brand of premium vodka? Your emoji suggests that alcohol is involved somewhere

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back