reverse opening rock n roll seats up front? (1 Viewer)

andyvkeegs

Free Member
Jul 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
on my second conversion
Hello All!

I'm completely new to the site and I have a question...

is it possible to have a rock n roll bed to replace the front 2 person bench seat?

I have seen reverse opening rock n roll beds but there only seems to 3 person ones available.
<Broken link removed>

Alternative option could be to mount a traditional rock n roll bed up front on a swivel plate?

Has anyone heard or seen anything like this being done?

Big thanks in advance! :)

Andy.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Andy
Just to let you know that you aren't being ignored. Your post has only just this minute gone live. We manually check and approve new members first few posts that have links within just to ensure they are not spammers. Your post was just approved; people can see it now (y) Thanks.

OP
OP
andyvkeegs

andyvkeegs

Free Member
Jul 1, 2020
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
on my second conversion
Hi Jim,

Thanks, again!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Hi Andy

Do you mean the passenger seat/seats? if so I would think no because of seat belt and type approval rules, likewise mounting a double seat on a swivel will come with a heap of problems at least one being the room to swivel.

Martin

Tribbtravs

Banned
Oct 13, 2017
Funster No
On the old trams, trains and sit up and beg type bus they used to have a reversible bench seat where the back rest moved and you could sit either forward facing or backwards facing. Might be called reversible pullman after the old style carriages. Quite a simple mechanism that could be adapted for a camper with 3 seat belts. Probably enough room for a singe bed for child etc.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
On the old trams, trains and sit up and beg type bus they used to have a reversible bench seat where the back rest moved and you could sit either forward facing or backwards facing. Might be called reversible pullman after the old style carriages. Quite a simple mechanism that could be adapted for a camper with 3 seat belts. Probably enough room for a singe bed for child etc.
Wouldn't be legal though surely.

Martin

Tribbtravs

Banned
Oct 13, 2017
Funster No
Wouldn't be legal though surely.

Martin
Not sure, and don't call me Shirley. But if the front seats are allowed to swivel and lock, I can't see why the backrest cant move as long as it can lock. Seat belt anchors could be in the floor and/or a long double passenger belt if that is still legal. Suggestions that Andyvkeegs can research at leisure.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back