Bengaz

Free Member
May 3, 2015
south shields
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 welcome
Exp
Hi. Does anyone know the easiest place to access the reverse light switch wire to power my reverse camera, other than at the light itself.
ie somewhere in the dash would be handy if possible thanks.
2015 fiat ducato...

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Hi. Does anyone know the easiest place to access the reverse light switch wire to power my reverse camera, other than at the light itself.
ie somewhere in the dash would be handy if possible thanks.
2015 fiat ducato...
At the fuse box? Manual should tell you which one.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
You would want the switched positive though not the fused feed. Years ago it would be a switch near the gear linkage, but God knows nowadays, It will probably have it's own microprocessor (n)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bengaz

Bengaz

Free Member
May 3, 2015
south shields
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 welcome
Exp
You would want the switched positive though not the fused feed. Years ago it would be a switch near the gear linkage, but God knows nowadays, It will probably have it's own microprocessor (n)
Aye cheers I asked for switch wire.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I gave up trying to find the wire in the fuse box, none of the wires Mr Google came up with was the right one. I ended up running a wire to the reversing light, took the pin out of the connector block and crimped the wires into a new pin, neat job and no dodgy Scotchlocks.

Two on Tour

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 16, 2016
Near the junction of the A14 and A1, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
Whether it's any help or not, on our 2013 Peugeot Boxer cab there is a cloth covered 3 wire loom that exits the back of the fuse box and runs below and to the left of the fuse box and contains a red with a black tracer, a brown with a grey tracer and a white with a black tracer. The white with a black tracer is the one I used for the reversing camera side of our twin rear camera setup.
I pared back a short section of the insulation and the soldered the camera wire to it and taped the joint.

camera power.jpg

OP
OP
Bengaz

Bengaz

Free Member
May 3, 2015
south shields
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 welcome
Exp
I gave up trying to find the wire in the fuse box, none of the wires Mr Google came up with was the right one. I ended up running a wire to the reversing light, took the pin out of the connector block and crimped the wires into a new pin, neat job and no dodgy Scotchlocks.
This is what i may end up doing:(

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
can you not find the switch on the gearbox and trace wire from that?

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
the gear box switch could well just be a switch to earth nowadays ..
the last couple rev cameras I've done I checked the reversing light wire colour at the light or the manufacturer socket before the converter added his bit... then picked the loom up around the engine compartment , opened it up and found the wire I needed... spliced into it there..
on panel van conversions it can usually be picked op in the wiring in the door pillar..
andy

maxi77

Free Member
Mar 20, 2013
Kingdom of Fife
Funster No
MH
coacbuilt
Exp
If you are fitting a twin system don't connect to the reverse light because you cannot then use the alternate view whilst reversing. If it is a single camera if it is a low level camera why not use whilst you are driving

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
beware of can-bus.
changing the load on the circuit my cause faults?

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Too restrictive on use if you coonect it to the reversing switch, connect it to the leisure battery with a fused switch you can reach from the driving position, you can then use it any time that you want to.

OP
OP
Bengaz

Bengaz

Free Member
May 3, 2015
south shields
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 welcome
Exp
If you are fitting a twin system don't connect to the reverse light because you cannot then use the alternate view whilst reversing. If it is a single camera if it is a low level camera why not use whilst you are driving
Hi. I'll be wiring a IGNITION positive supply and a REVERSE positive supply so the rear view camera stays on while the ignition is on.
This is a dual camera yes. when the monitor received a switched supply on L2 it switches to camera 2 (downward facing).

OP
OP
Bengaz

Bengaz

Free Member
May 3, 2015
south shields
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 welcome
Exp
beware of can-bus.
changing the load on the circuit my cause faults?
Yes, hopefully this wont throw a fault(n)

Attachments

• p.jpg
    p.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 27
  • s-l64.jpg
    s-l64.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 22
Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
is there not a button on the side of the screen that allows you to switch between camera views?
just patch a connection into the back of the aux sockets on the dash for ign positive. that circuit is expecting a load of variable magnitude.
KISS. (not implying u r the second s (y))

OP
OP
Bengaz

Bengaz

Free Member
May 3, 2015
south shields
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 welcome
Exp
is there not a button on the side of the screen that allows you to switch between camera views?
just patch a connection into the back of the aux sockets on the dash for ign positive. that circuit is expecting a load of variable magnitude.
KISS. (not implying u r the second s (y))
Yes I'd thought of that and yes it has the 1 and 2 camera button. Its just my lazyness lol.

OP
OP
Bengaz

Bengaz

Free Member
May 3, 2015
south shields
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 welcome
Exp
Can anyone help on locating the reverse light switch wire or does anyone have a wiring diagram thanks? I've tried tons of cables near the fuse box can't locate it. A little reluctant to ruin trunking and wiring to the reverse light must be neater option?

Mr Chrysalis

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 8, 2016
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 890F A Class
Exp
Since 2016, caravans before that, folding Caravan, tents before that
Can anyone help on locating the reverse light switch wire or does anyone have a wiring diagram thanks? I've tried tons of cables near the fuse box can't locate it. A little reluctant to ruin trunking and wiring to the reverse light must be neater option?
That looks like the same screen I have. It came with a remote control including a button to switch between cameras. I would have to stretch to reach the button on the screen, but the remote control can sit in the tray to the right of the steering wheel. I only use this screen for the low level, rear facing camera, which I switch on whilst driving. When reversing the high level, downward facing camera comes on and the radio head unit shows that view. Reversing with both screens and two mirrors is easy.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
I spent hours trying to find it gave up and ran a cable to the back.

This is how I wired my three cameras, since then I've added another front camer and another relay to switch it.

OP
OP
Bengaz

Bengaz

Free Member
May 3, 2015
south shields
Funster No
MH
Chausson 610 welcome
Exp
I spent hours trying to find it gave up and ran a cable to the back.

This is how I wired my three cameras, since then I've added another front camer and another relay to switch it.
Me too mate, after spiking every wire in the fuse box gave up in the end and ran a wire down to reverse light. Last thing I wanted to do but hey it works.
Was thinking exactly what you've done but just adding a simple 2way switch to switch between main rear facing camera and service camera as my waste is right in middle of van and wor lass complains like hell lining up the waste.
The monitor already has the relay built in when detecting a reverse light 12v which is handy.
Monitor is excellence (£28) dual camera (£56). Exactly the same gear at motorhome show £160!

Attachments

• IMG_20171104_105920.jpg
    IMG_20171104_105920.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20171104_105926.jpg
    IMG_20171104_105926.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 25

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Does the service camera stay clean or does it regularly need "servicing":D
Only done just over 3000 miles since fitting, last trip had the van covered in mud still not had to clean the camera. My waste is in front of the rear wheel, the camera is stuck to the floor 3 m behind the front wheel and 1m in front of the rear wheel.
My is set up so when selecting reverse it auto switches to reverse camera and I have 3 switches that can override it at any time for rear view, service cam & front cam.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back