Free Member
Oct 22, 2019
Morriston, Swansea
Funster No
MH
Cheyenne 630
Exp
3 months
I have recently fitted a double din radio instead of the single din in my Cheyenne 630 (2008). The new radio will accept a reverse camera and wondered if anyone has done a similar job and rerouted the reverse camera wiring so that the camera connects to the double din screen instead of the drop down screen on the cab ceiling? I think viewing the image on the radio screen would be easier than straining to view the drop down monitor as it is wired at the moment.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I wired all my cameras to my stereo's screen.

This is how I did it (later in the thread I added a front camera)

OP
OP
Aeron

Aeron

Free Member
Oct 22, 2019
Morriston, Swansea
Funster No
MH
Cheyenne 630
Exp
3 months
I wired all my cameras to my stereo's screen.

This is how I did it (later in the thread I added a front camera)

Thanks Lenny, I will take a look.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Aeron

Aeron

Free Member
Oct 22, 2019
Morriston, Swansea
Funster No
MH
Cheyenne 630
Exp
3 months
Lenny - very impressive. My Autotrail has specific wiring for the camera so not sure how I should go about making the changes or maybe its best to leave well alone. Its an Obserview system and I see the camera lead terminates in a 5 pin din plug into a junction box before going off to the existing drop down monitor.

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
Since u have a junction box just pick up the video feed and the switched live wires and splice into those with the new wires running to the head unit. U will then get both devices giving u a rear view.

OP
OP
Aeron

Aeron

Free Member
Oct 22, 2019
Morriston, Swansea
Funster No
MH
Cheyenne 630
Exp
3 months
Since u have a junction box just pick up the video feed and the switched live wires and splice into those with the new wires running to the head unit. U will then get both devices giving u a rear view.
Yes that would be a good option. The difficulty I have is identifying all the correct wires. Video feed and output to monitor are multi pin din plugs. The box they connect into is shown in the attached photo.

1607679855706.jpeg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 10, 2012
worcester
Funster No
MH
Sunliving van
Exp
U need to get hold of the manual for that box because I am not familiar with it. U also need to know what the trigger wire for the head unit needs + or - to switch to video feed from camera. Usually plus.
It looks like there is already a connection on the box for the + or - and u might find pluging into one of those VCR sockets would give a video feed to take to the head unit. Get the manual.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back