Reverse camera screen arm snapped. Otions? (1 Viewer)

Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Reverse camera screen broken, may be time to look at other options.

Pulled it down and the arm snapped, it is still working but is dangling on the cable, it cannot be put up.

Also, have a Blaupunkt CD/DVD/Radio but for some reason it will not play CD`s, it plays DVD`s on the reverse camera screen (now dangling) and the TV in the bedroom, but will not play any sort of CD. In the car we do use the CD player quite a lot, so it would be nice to have it working.

So, the options are....

Replace screen at a cost I am told of about £120-150 (still no CD player)
Also fit new CD/DVD/Radio at a cost of £??
Remove screen and buy a all in one CD/DVD/Radio with 6 or 7inch screen, from around £400 + fitting.
As above but with sat nav, bluetooth from around £700 + fitting.

Has anyone got one of the all singing all dancing 7 inch screen jobbies with European maps (Clarion, Kenwoor, Pioneer, ???)? Any good?
I have been told by a salesman that updating maps cost around £25 every couple of years and is done by SD card.

Having had rear parking sensors fitted, could probably do without the reverse camera screen at a push, good excuse to send the wife out to throw her arms around and feel wanted I suppose.

Obviously, at the end of the day it will come down to how much I want to spend. But would be interested in peoples thoughts about the various options and maybe some I have`nt thought of.

Has anyone bought one of the 7inch screen all singing ones from ebay for around £350?

Thanks

Steve

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi try the link below,the seller also sells them that play dvds or at least used to ::bigsmile: Have not searched his site for a while so it may have been a special jobby
Link Removed
terry

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
either repair the arm or make a new one out of wood. a 7" monitor with reversing camera is only around £70 on ebay mine has input for TV/DVD player and no boubt hte satnav as well after all its only a multichannel monitor. Why spend £350 on a new one. But if you you I'd love to fix up the old one and use on the passenger side. so wife can see the satnav as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have two

Pulled it down and the arm snapped, it is still working but is dangling on the cable, it cannot be put up.

Also, have a Blaupunkt CD/DVD/Radio but for some reason it will not play CD`s, it plays DVD`s on the reverse camera screen (now dangling) and the TV in the bedroom, but will not play any sort of CD. In the car we do use the CD player quite a lot, so it would be nice to have it working.

So, the options are....

Replace screen at a cost I am told of about £120-150 (still no CD player)
Also fit new CD/DVD/Radio at a cost of £??
Remove screen and buy a all in one CD/DVD/Radio with 6 or 7inch screen, from around £400 + fitting.
As above but with sat nav, bluetooth from around £700 + fitting.

Has anyone got one of the all singing all dancing 7 inch screen jobbies with European maps (Clarion, Kenwoor, Pioneer, ???)? Any good?
I have been told by a salesman that updating maps cost around £25 every couple of years and is done by SD card.

Having had rear parking sensors fitted, could probably do without the reverse camera screen at a push, good excuse to send the wife out to throw her arms around and feel wanted I suppose.

Obviously, at the end of the day it will come down to how much I want to spend. But would be interested in peoples thoughts about the various options and maybe some I have`nt thought of.

Has anyone bought one of the 7inch screen all singing ones from ebay for around £350?

Thanks

Steve

I have two... one is the Pioneer that has a backup camera, SD card for music and also a satellite system... cost a lot and not impressed.

the other one is the 7" Snooper.. does the same at £400.00

All systems are good and bad.. some prefer one make over another. But for the price I still think the Snooper with the big screen is better.

dawny

Free Member
May 21, 2012
newcastle upon tyne
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
im a newbie

To be honest my reversing camera screen is the same, I have just bought a screen from ebay which is going to cost me an hours labour to fit around £60. The screen was £50 but it was an awful lot cheaper than getting a new system. I was considering getting the new caravan tom tom which is a sat nav that takes into consideration the size of your vehicle (which you input). You can also use it as a bluetooth for your phone (my current tom tom does that) it costs £400 but at least you dont end up stuck. I also have the same radio/cd player which is rubbish to be honest but does the job. I do think the lorry/caravan tom tom is a good idea though. I downloaded europe and parts of the US on my tom tom and we used it when we hired a car in Colorado. It was great.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Encantador
Jul 2, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki Tag, 2007.
Exp
Thanks for the replies.

I am also considering a new TomTom mine is about 6 years old and never been updated.

Saw the caravan version but thought it might be a bit of a rip off, unless someone has measured the width of every road every 20 metres or so, I can`t see what it can do that a normal sat nav can`t.

So, new screen, new CD player and new tomtom required, that`s why I was thinking a all-in-one gizmo might be the answer.

Steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back