Returning To Retire (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Comfort are telling me that despite being a British citizen, they require that I need to be residing back in the UK for 2 years before they will consider insurance and I am assuming that will be the same for all insurance companies as none others are getting back to me except for Down Under.
What an absolutely ridiculous situation & view from the UK insurance world. Defies belief in reality.
When I moved here not only did they only ask what country we passed tests in/how long licece held they accepted any Uk ncbonus that was within 1 month of cancellation date.

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
When we thought about full timing it’s quite challenging without a uk address, I’m sure it can be done with a relative with their consent.

Sapper520

Free Member
Jan 22, 2020
North Somerset
Funster No
MH
No longer own one
Exp
September 2020
We’ve got family in the military serving abroad (and have been out of the country for a number of years), UK Driving Licences, some banks etc recognise our address as their UK home address even though they haven’t lived here for more than 10 years. At one time, one of my sons cars was registered here (V5C) even though the car was abroad for 2 years.

If you’ve got family in the UK, can’t you give that a go?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back