Returning Go box (1 Viewer)

Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Where can I return a Go box as I come out of Austria around the Saltzburg area. I'd be tempted to avoid the border on the A10 as it was really queued up when we came through from Germany. Is it a real pain to return by post in case we can't find anywhere. There was nowhere obvious when we came into Slonenia.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Where can I return a Go box as I come out of Austria around the Saltzburg area. I'd be tempted to avoid the border on the A10 as it was really queued up when we came through from Germany. Is it a real pain to return by post in case we can't find anywhere. There was nowhere obvious when we came into Slonenia.

Did you use it much...?

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
From Saltzburg to Karavanken tunnel with a short bit of red road in the middle (just to see what they were like).

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Simon Richardson

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
East bound & down.
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer 150 I
Exp
Full timing since Dec 2017
I dropped a right bollock with mine - I initially loaded €75 onto it to get through Austria down to th Slovenian border. About half way through Austria it started giving off 2 beeps, so I pulled into the services to get it checked - the Lady said it only had €34 left on it which would have been more than enough to get to the border, but I thought I'd better put some more on but the minimum is €75 which I didn't need as we are going to Lake Garda on the way back North and home through France.

My little brain didn't think quick enough that day. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
So, Simon, do you still have your box or did you get your 75 refunded?

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Well I hope your weather is better than here. Cloudy cold and wet. Near Spittal in Austria. Really jarred off that the rest of Europe has a heat wave and by the time we get there the weather will have changed!

Simon Richardson

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
East bound & down.
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer 150 I
Exp
Well I hope your weather is better than here. Cloudy cold and wet. Near Spittal in Austria. Really jarred off that the rest of Europe has a heat wave and by the time we get there the weather will have changed!

Ha, yes - really nice here to be honest if a little windy.

Still better than sitting on the Norwich Ring Road I bet!(y)

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Ok the scenery is better, granted. At least the good weather and no rain has stopped the grass growing much at home. And that new bit of northern distributer road is quite nice if you ignore the roundabouts ( which some people are apparently!).

Simon Richardson

Free Member
Aug 24, 2017
East bound & down.
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer 150 I
Exp
I know, we went around there about a month ago (full timers now, but originally from Fakenham) when we were that way for a Christening and I couldn't believe how many kerbs and signs had been hit!

OP
OP
stevec
Sep 24, 2013
Norwich
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Exp
Since 2014
Ok, so now we are back in Germany. Just wanted out of Austria quickly ( 12 degrees and raining) so decided to top up the Go box and get back any credit first services in Germany. Simples! No. Onto the A10 and stopped at services. Didn't do Go boxes! Next services please. By this time box was veeping four times. Topped up at services 25 km up the road. Did a diversion around Salzburg to avoid delays at the border so first services were at Seigsdorf. We pull off and present our box for a refund. No. Has to be at services on the other side of the road! Going to Salzburg. So a 10km detour to get back to the other carriageway. Eventually got 57 euros back. What a palaver. Not an easy system for the one off Traveller. With the weather and the agro over the Go box we won't be coming back in a hurry. We have driven the some non motorway roads so know that that option is slow and with risks of losing mirrors and more on the mountain roads.

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Got back into the uk yesterday, I don’t see what all the fuss is about with these box’s and tolls... we never had a problem with the 8wks we had over there.... saw and stayed in some lovely places without paying a cent other then fuel...:D

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Admittedly we are 3.5 tonnes (no need for Go box) in our new to us MoHo which we have bought with the intention of going to Austria a lot (we go to Austria every year on the motorcycle). It's our favorite part of the world and looking to explore more of Slovenia too, then eventually Croatia.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back