Returning from France (1 Viewer)

May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
We arrived in France on Wednesday, ready for packing our goods and chattels, the removal men are due in a couple of weeks. We have attestations that allow us to shop for food, or walk the dog for an hour no more than 1km from home, but I have not yet found anything that lets us travel back home. Does anyone know if there is a form that allows long distant travel for transit . (I’m not sure that is the correct wording). I don’t think our buyers would appreciate finding us parked up in their new garden.

EdwardFT

Free Member
Aug 27, 2020
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2010
Sorry, I couldn't find anything at the moment, but I note that the French embassy in London has a current web page on quarantine regulations at the destination country for travel in both directions France/UK. This does suggest that this is allowed. Perhaps you could ask them?

May 8, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2010
I think it's the same attestation format. When we were coming home from France in March, we used the usual wording and added 'Je rentre au Royaume-Uni.' We weren't asked to show it, but I've no reason to believe that it wouldn't have been OK.
Good luck.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
So glad we stayed at home!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
So glad we stayed at home!

Thank you for that, it's easily said but not really helpful, I wish we could have stayed at home.
We had no option other than lose the sale of the house and incur serious penalties. We have no family to help so thought that we should sell whilst we are both still capable of sorting things out ourselves. Unfortunately timing and the lockdown got in the way of a couple of weeks of packing things and a nice few days travelling back to Yorkshire.
C'est la vie .
Right then...I've got that off my chest so it's back to dismantling furniture..

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I too have to travel down south from Paris down to Toulouse. So you fill up the form on the covid app and you tick the box saying family reasons ➕ attestation sur l'honneur
I, mister X, certify, going back home from "name of the town" and the country, to the UK "name of the town"
Date
Signature
"Fait pour valoir ce que de droit"

OP
OP
Casper46
May 4, 2015
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
I too have to travel down south from Paris down to Toulouse. So you fill up the form on the covid app and you tick the box saying family reasons ➕ attestation sur l'honneur
I, mister X, certify, going back home from "name of the town" and the country, to the UK "name of the town"
Date
Signature
"Fait pour valoir ce que de droit"
Thank you. I haven’t seen a Covid app, I just have the forms that my French neighbour printed off for me as I no longer have a printer ( Sod’s law), maybe they are just for local use. They are headed Attestation de Deplacement Derogatoire.
I will look for the app and get someone to print it for me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back