Returning from France to the UK (1 Viewer)

Feb 17, 2019
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I would appreciate some advice on where one can be Covid tested in Calais, prior to returning to UK via Eurotunnel, furnished with the proof of a negative test.
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, I couldn't find similar posts in "Search".

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
I can't answer that,but hopefully you do know that you need to prebook day 2 and day 8 tests in the UK before returning?

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
I've just googled - Covid 19 testing in Calais - and it has come up with three centres, only one of which has a web site listed ( https://opale.synlab.fr/fr/accueil.html ). This one is, I think, on a roundabout not far from the "new" aire in Calais. One looks as though it is to the south of Cité Europe on the way from Carefour to the autoroute. The third one seems to be closer to the city centre. If you need further help come back to me

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I can't answer that,but hopefully you do know that you need to prebook day 2 and day 8 tests in the UK before returning?
Did I not read on a thread that someone done this then cancelled after they crossed over and took the free PCR testing instead.

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
Did I not read on a thread that someone done this then cancelled after they crossed over and took the free PCR testing instead.
My friends did, but that was from Portugal when it was green, and you didn't need the day 8 test, only the day 2, or any quarantine.

OP
OP
iainc60
Feb 17, 2019
Perthshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
I've just googled - Covid 19 testing in Calais - and it has come up with three centres, only one of which has a web site listed ( https://opale.synlab.fr/fr/accueil.html ). This one is, I think, on a roundabout not far from the "new" aire in Calais. One looks as though it is to the south of Cité Europe on the way from Carefour to the autoroute. The third one seems to be closer to the city centre. If you need further help come back to me

John
Many thanks for your help John; looks ideal for my purpose.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
iainc60 I'm happy to help. It may help others if you can report back on how you get on.

J
I assume this offer of help applies to all members who are about to visit France and if this is the case may I be so bold as to ask you for some information ??
We are planning on visiting Spain via France early July and returning to the UK Via France mid August. I have the entry rules into France from the UK nailed and my understanding is we will be able to drive across the Spanish border at Irun without stopping or being asked to provide any Covid related documentation. It is also my assumption when returning we will again be able to cross into France from Spain unhindered and will be subject to UK entry rules when taking the Ferry from Dunkerque and we will be asked to provide a negative antigen test and the usual sworn statement. Is it possible for you to identify any testing centres at or near to Dunkerque we could use prior to taking the ferry. I note the Covid trend figures are looking better for both France and Spain at the moment and I'm hopeful they will be moved onto the UK's green list by mid August and fingers crossed the UK figures and vaccine rollout in the UK will mean France is happy to put us on their green list too.

Aug 14, 2013
Département 87
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since about year 2000
PhilandMena I've just done a google search "covid 19 testing in Dunkerque" and it looks as though the testing centres use a booking service through doctolib - I had to use their link for my jabs. There are three centres of testing and you will need to select the correct option - saliva or PCR. Either or <Broken link removed> will take you to a web site for making a booking. On some of the google searches there is the option for the result to be read in English. Again, need further help just ask.

Edit I am getting a little impatient waiting for France to go GREEN on BoJo's system. I nearly managed to see our grandchildren in March 2020, but didn't get further than Kent. We turned round and re-crossed the Channel when France closed it borders. Now with a great grandchild on the way, due July, we'd love to be able to get to Cheshire in time.

John

Last edited:

Metamorfosis

Free Member
Oct 13, 2018
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 680g
My understanding is at the moment to cross from Spain into France you need a negative €45 antigen test from a farmacia OR be fully vaccinated. Also you need to download a form to attest you are "clean". I assume the border police are stopping vehicles and checking in that direction. You are correct that there are no checks in the opposite direction

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
My understanding is at the moment to cross from Spain into France you need a negative €45 antigen test from a farmacia OR be fully vaccinated. Also you need to download a form to attest you are "clean". I assume the border police are stopping vehicles and checking in that direction. You are correct that there are no checks in the opposite direction
I was under the impression there were no checks at internal borders due to Freedom of Movement for E.U. Citizens. As it stands we are both fully vaccinated and have paddy passports as well. Hopefully, by the time we cross we will have a much better picture than we do now and can leave our final decision to the very last week. I'm confident all the ducks will be in line come the begining of July.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
PhilandMena I've just done a google search "covid 19 testing in Dunkerque" and it looks as though the testing centres use a booking service through doctolib - I had to use their link for my jabs. There are three centres of testing and you will need to select the correct option - saliva or PCR. Either or <Broken link removed> will take you to a web site for making a booking. On some of the google searches there is the option for the result to be read in English. Again, need further help just ask.

Edit I am getting a little impatient waiting for France to go GREEN on BoJo's system. I nearly managed to see our grandchildren in March 2020, but didn't get further than Kent. We turned round and re-crossed the Channel when France closed it borders. Now with a great grandchild on the way, due July, we'd love to be able to get to Cheshire in time.

John
Thank you so much for this! I thought it better to express my gratitude with words as opposed to an icon.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back