LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Just for a few warranty jobs nothing dramatic ;) so thought we might as well make a little trip of it and check out the competition on the way, arrived at N+B about lunchtime and they were closed so tat has scuppered my chances of seeing the new iSmove, so we had to make do with a trip over the road to Niesmann camping:unsure:

So if anybody fancies a little liner with a garage just transfer the deposit to me and I will sort it all out for you,

IMG_3621.JPG

IMG_3608.JPG

IMG_3602.JPG

IMG_3603.JPG

IMG_3604.JPG

IMG_3605.JPG

Well luckily we didn't really like it as it's too heavy, on the bank balance as well

IMG_3607.JPG

Outside they this, a snip at €578k but I reckon I could negotiate for you.

IMG_3610.JPG

Then down to earth with a bump they have a Hymer ML I 880 on a Mercedes tandem axle chassis,

IMG_3616.JPG

IMG_3609.JPG

The front end doesn't please my eye but we are all different,

IMG_3619.JPG

Kitchen with 2 gas rings and one induction,

IMG_3618.JPG

And a bloody great big TV that blocks the view of the lounge.

OK didn't really care for that much so how about the new 2021 Burstner I 910G,

IMG_3613.JPG

All very square cupboards and sharp corners so you better watch your head,

IMG_3614.JPG

Again 2 gas and one induction,

IMG_3620.JPG

Best watch you head in the bedroom as well;)

IMG_3615.jpg

Sunday tomorrow so N+B won't be open at all, and we will be heading towards MORELO so more drool and dribble when we get there Monday/Tuesday.

Martin

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Just for a few warranty jobs nothing dramatic ;) so thought we might as well make a little trip of it and check out the competition on the way, arrived at N+B about lunchtime and they were closed so tat has scuppered my chances of seeing the new iSmove, so we had to make do with a trip over the road to Niesmann camping:unsure:

So if anybody fancies a little liner with a garage just transfer the deposit to me and I will sort it all out for you,

View attachment 428070

View attachment 428072

View attachment 428071

View attachment 428073

View attachment 428074

View attachment 428076

Well luckily we didn't really like it as it's too heavy, on the bank balance as well

View attachment 428078

Outside they this, a snip at €578k but I reckon I could negotiate for you.

View attachment 428079

Then down to earth with a bump they have a Hymer ML I 880 on a Mercedes tandem axle chassis,

View attachment 428077

View attachment 428081

The front end doesn't please my eye but we are all different,

View attachment 428082

Kitchen with 2 gas rings and one induction,

View attachment 428083

And a bloody great big TV that blocks the view of the lounge.

OK didn't really care for that much so how about the new 2021 Burstner I 910G,

View attachment 428086

All very square cupboards and sharp corners so you better watch your head,

View attachment 428087

Again 2 gas and one induction,

View attachment 428088

Best watch you head in the bedroom as well;)

View attachment 428089

Sunday tomorrow so N+B won't be open at all, and we will be heading towards MORELO so more drool and dribble when we get there Monday/Tuesday.

Martin

Like the idea of the gas / induction combination, but the exposed gas burners mean that the hob can’t be used as workspace when not in use. A glass lid on the hob makes it much more practical.

Maybe you could enquire if Morelo are planning one ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2011
Barnard Castle, UK
Funster No
MH
Concorde Concerto
Exp
Since 2007
€578k :oops:

It’s a lovely van but......

We need a new catch for the back gate and have just been arguing, I want to buy the cheap catch and Caz the dearer one.

Then she saw this thread and we are going for the dear one now, shit.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Niesmann Camping never disappoints always so much new stock and plenty of preowned at the back l have never understood why the UK doesn’t have Dealers at this level.
Yes they were having quite a little party, couple of singers on entertaining outside and quite a few of the vans open including the two big Concorde that are usually under lock and key. Actually very little preowned :unsure: I reckon one more good weekend and the place will be empty.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
How does the Mercedes Hymer work with tandem axle? Presume it must now be front wheel drive 🤔
Yes it's the new Sprinter chassis that is Front, Rear or Four wheel drive I understand it, most if not all converters will take the easy option and use Front I imagine.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Yes it's the new Sprinter chassis that is Front, Rear or Four wheel drive I understand it, most if not all converters will take the easy option and use Front I imagine.

One of the French makers used to do a tandem axle on a Merc, (Le Voyageur??) drove the middle axle so a true tag but doubt there was any facility to lift it for traction as on a proper truck tag.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
One of the French makers used to do a tandem axle on a Merc, (Le Voyageur??) drove the middle axle so a true tag but doubt there was any facility to lift it for traction as on a proper truck tag.
I think Frankia had exclusive for a year on that Jon (same group I guess) but they didn't really do anything with it.

Still better traction with 4 wheels across the rear axle but I suppose slightly better stability with the tag, now if somebody used it driving front and rear that could be interesting.

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
I think Frankia had exclusive for a year on that Jon (same group I guess) but they didn't really do anything with it.

Still better traction with 4 wheels across the rear axle but I suppose slightly better stability with the tag, now if somebody used it driving front and rear that could be interesting.

Martin

When in post #16 you said 'that is Front, Rear or Four wheel drive ' I thought for a moment you meant 'at driver's selection', but realised you meant converter's choice.

Pity it could not be driver' selection.

Geoff

May 7, 2017
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
2017 Chausson 718XLB 180
Exp
20 years
Never buy a Tandem axle with rear wheel drive (2nd axle from front) in bad ground conditions traction is near enough non existent

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp

It would be but I'm pretty sure only the 2nd axle is driven so I agree with Tony50 that setup would be pretty useless at traction.

OP
OP
funflair

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
It would be but I'm pretty sure only the 2nd axle is driven so I agree with Tony50 that setup would be pretty useless at traction.
Agreed Jon I was just suggesting that "proper RWD" is still better for traction but stability might be better with three in line.

M

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back