Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
On 3rd van so not a total newbie....
I see that they do the day 2 test kits also, £57.60
Have not looked that far ahead yet, will wait till nearer our return and see what the requirements are, a lot can change in a few weeks......

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
Have not looked that far ahead yet, will wait till nearer our return and see what the requirements are, a lot can change in a few weeks......
The other side of the coin is that they can 'sell out' of the cheap stock nearer the date. I'm undecided yet.

tkk

Jun 9, 2014
notts
Funster No
MH
Frankia i640
Exp
newbie but learning fast
Probably been asked before but; how is the result verified pre-return by the supplier?

OP
OP
Wh05apk
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
Probably been asked before but; how is the result verified pre-return by the supplier?
Apparently you (or someone who is negative - incase you are positive!) takes the test, and sends a photo of the negative test and your passport to the supplier - a total farce!

OP
OP
Wh05apk
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
I've heard of people who take NHS tests with them to test themselves to ensure they are negative prior to using the paid for test
Thats what we are doing, to make sure we get 2 negatives.....

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
We are off to France on Friday and have got our return tests already, we used Coop pharmacy- https://www.cooppharmacy.coop/produ...-19-Return-to-the-UK-Pre-Departure-test-kit_2 £25 + postage use "5off" for a 5% discount.

I know we can get done over there for similar costs, but this saves the faffing about trying to find somewhere out there.
Thats a good price.👍
Did it work out less than £29 with postage? Coz thats how much the company they are using charge on there website including p&p.

OP
OP
Wh05apk
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
Thats a good price.👍
Did it work out less than £29 with postage? Coz thats how much the company they are using charge on there website including p&p.
It was £25 each + £5.95 next day delivery, so £56/2 = £28 delivered.

OP
OP
Wh05apk
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
Thats one of cheapest around👍
I also like it, that they will take them back if sealed and un- used, if you dont use them for a handling charge.
I missed that, so even better if the news changes tomorrow.

OP
OP
Wh05apk
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
It wont change. Even if it goes Green, you need the same testing. 😀
Unless they see sense, and accept if you return from a lower risk country you don't need a test?

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
Unless they see sense, and accept if you return from a lower risk country you don't need a test?
😀That wont happen!
I have no problem going through the hoops to get away. Its a pain and an added expense,coz there are 6 of us! but hey ho!
Its a Pandemic and im glad to be alive. I wont moan if it goes tits up!
Well not on here anyway.😀
Im treating my kids to a holiday, travelling on a pressurised flying tube to a Greek Island. Hopefully it will turn out ok, but Ive prepared for the worse, hoping for the best.👍

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011
Only the cheaper Lateral flow tests required now for us from Sunday.
I've checked a few places to try and buy two but the cheap ones are either sold out or out of stock.
Why would that be?
Am I being cynical?

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
There is actually no need to take the two day after return test at all. The rules just state one must have bought them. The only check on this is the requirement to put the code supplied on the PLF.

Apr 27, 2018
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
WildAx Solaris XL
Exp
Since 2019
There is actually no need to take the two day after return test at all. The rules just state one must have bought them. The only check on this is the requirement to put the code supplied on the PLF.
Is there any check that the code is valid? or are people free to invent a plausible code without having bought anything? Perhaps they incorporate a checksum digit or similar to spot fake codes.
Disclaimer: I've just paid £19 for a day 2 LFT and received a code to use but it did get me wondering.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Is there any check that the code is valid? or are people free to invent a plausible code without having bought anything? Perhaps they incorporate a checksum digit or similar to spot fake codes.
Disclaimer: I've just paid £19 for a day 2 LFT and received a code to use but it did get me wondering.
The code on mine wasn’t a code I would have thought of but there probably isn’t any form of check. I would guess a computer program recognises code types and just rejects codes it doesn’t recognise.
I did at first put what I thought was the code in and it said not correct. Or words to that effect. Both my wife’s code and mine were slightly different but I’m sure if one knew the correct code format then an invented one would be accepted.

Jan 8, 2013
Dronfield - Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner Lyseo 690G
Exp
Happy FLT since 2011

That's the problem I need to buy one to get a code number for customs.
No body is selling the cheaper tests

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
According to Randox they will list sales/ prices from 22nd. There pre flight LFT test was listed as £20 so it will be interesting if that price goes up.

The crazy thing is their present garb is that kits take up to 6 days to send out??? So if you need one when you are due home on say Monday when the new date kicks in, ordering a kit from tomorrow will not arrive until after the two day test requirement. You could not make it up.

Well if you do order one you get the code put it on the PLF then who cares if you do the test??? Who is going to follow it up

OP
OP
Wh05apk
Oct 30, 2016
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Le voyageur 8.5
Exp
Apart from being seen to "control our borders" I really can't see the point of these tests, we are in France, their cases are about an 1/8th of ours, so we are safer here, returning to a high risk country.
We are free to mix on return visiting pubs, restaurants, cinemas etc but after 2 days we are" supposed" to take a test..... I could see the logic of taking before departure, how many people returning from Spain etc on flights will have it to infect the entire plane?

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
You cannot make it up.
Well today is the date when all these private companies can sell the lateral Flow Test for returning passengers to the UK for full vaccinated travellers. So you go to many of the listed companies and the tests are priced around the £22 mark. You guest it, many are coming up out of stock. So any traveller due to return from Monday will not be able to order and have a test sitting at home to do. So by the end of the week will returning half term trippers have the same problem.

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Apart from being seen to "control our borders" I really can't see the point of these tests, we are in France, their cases are about an 1/8th of ours, so we are safer here, returning to a high risk country.
We are free to mix on return visiting pubs, restaurants, cinemas etc but after 2 days we are" supposed" to take a test..... I could see the logic of taking before departure, how many people returning from Spain etc on flights will have it to infect the entire plane?
I do think their numbers of positives are because testing is not free in France so far fewer are getting tested.
The more people a country test the greater the number of positive cases there will be.
In reality the number of positive tests doesn’t matter. It’s how many end up in hospital or dying that matters. Eventually we will in all likelihood all get Covid but hopefully not need hospital care or worse. Throughout our lives from this point on we’ll probably get Covid numerous times. Just like some get colds or flu numerous times. Some are a bit poorly, some are very ill and some die. That’s how it is and will be now and forevermore.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
I returned from France just over a week ago and a couple of days before our return went on line to purchase the necessary 2 day after kit. Found a drive through facility at Warrington which was £20 and went for that. Got the necessary code within minutes and entered onto the locator form and uploaded to Euro tunnel. Have to admit never went for the test and not been arrested - yet!!! 😉

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
I returned from France just over a week ago and a couple of days before our return went on line to purchase the necessary 2 day after kit. Found a drive through facility at Warrington which was £20 and went for that. Got the necessary code within minutes and entered onto the locator form and uploaded to Euro tunnel. Have to admit never went for the test and not been arrested - yet!!! 😉
No, we didn't bother doing the tests last month either. We had just done a test two days earlier to allow us to return so another test seemed a bit pointless.

Edit;
It just proves that the testing is nothing to do with health etc but all about making money.
some people will have become very wealthy off the back of covid. These people will definitely do everything in their power to keep these tests in place for as long as possible.

Last edited:

PJGWiltshire

Free Member
Mar 11, 2013
Arundel
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2009
Thats why I think many will just put a false or old code onto the PLF. There is no after check.

The government are forcing travellers to spend around £20 for no real benefit. If every traveller who paid £20 to a private company out of spite upon return went to the NHS PCR site and claimed to be unwell after foreign travel. The government would pay out a fortune having these test carried out. If that happened they would then be sequencing every traveler.

Jul 29, 2021
Somewhere in the South of UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
4Newbie
I've been trying to do a Passenger Locator form for hubby who is arriving. in UK 1st week Nov. (We live in France) But the UK government website won't let me access the page to get the code because I'm not in the UK. So what do I do?
So used a PVN to confuse the website and got a code (y) Thank you all!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back