Retrofitted my Truma 6e to Truma control CP Plus (1 Viewer)

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
It's a project I've been meaning to do for the last 2 years. Whilst the old analogue dials are adequate they cannot be regulated properly. The modification required a Truma CP Plus digital control panel and a replacement PCB. The main delay has been down to cost, when I initially looked the 2 items came in at about £500. Last year I sourced a control panel from Leisureshop direct for £99, since then i've been actively looking for an affordable PCB (it has to be software version V05 and above, sods law mine was V03)

Last week I came across a dealer in Berlin who was selling the exact boards I needed on German Ebay for 200 Euros, Once ordered I recieved the item 3 days later.

$_57 (2).jpg

As with most Combi's they're not the easiest to access, but once I'd switched off all the power and disconnected the top 5 leads I could then unclipped the PCB from the boiler and unplug the remaining 5 leads, then exchange it for the new one.

cp3.jpg

cp5.jpg

With the new PCB in place, I then removed the 2 analogue dials, by unclipping the outer frame using a flat head screwdriver then unscrewing the 8 torx screws and unplugging the main RJ plug on the back of the dial.

cp2.jpg

cp4.jpg

Not wanting to enlarge the hole to facilitate the new panel, I purchased a purpose made Truma frame mount again from Leisureshop direct.

The CP Plus only needs an additional 12 volts, i.e. plus and minus connected to an unswitched (perm live) and fused. Plug in the RJ plug from the old controller. Switch on, hold your breath and bingo.

The operation of the device is as easy and intuitive. The CP-Plus quickly searches for the connected devices.

cp8.jpg

cp99.jpg

Sorted (y)

cp9.jpg

Relevant link:- https://serviceblog.truma.com/en/2014/08/13/retrofitting-control-panel-truma-cp-plus-en/

Total cost approx £310

Time taken to install approx 1.5 hours

Was it worth it? Well only time will tell, but it will give me better control and be able to maintain temperature in the motorhome.

Pete

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I did it on my last van, I only had to change the controller & I got that from a friend in the trade for silly money. It was well worth it as the CP Plus controls the fan much better and once up to temperature you hardly know the heating is on.

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Good job just need the iNet box now to finish the job off can highly recommend it. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 22, 2018
Herts.
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral lowline
A question for those that have this display.
Does it always glow so bright?
I've thought about upgrading but it would be at end of one of the beds, so wouldn’t want it glowing all the time.

OP
OP
Tykatem
Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
A question for those that have this display.
Does it always glow so bright?
I've thought about upgrading but it would be at end of one of the beds, so wouldn’t want it glowing all the time.

You can also change the background lighting on the panel in 10 levels

Pete

Dec 31, 2010
Sunny South Shields
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin i7900
Exp
Since 2010
Still got to get out of bed to find your phone. :rofl:

Yeah I have actually walk past the controller to pick up my phone on the table to change the temp, 😂

It only really comes into its own when away from the van to check temps etc and switch heating or aircon on/off

Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
Does anyone know when the v5 pcb was introduced?

Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
I believe it may have been in 2013 and also the body of the unit was changed to black instead of grey Truma can confirm this if you have the units serial number. If you remove the wiring cover you may find the software version label under there.
Thanks. I successfully changed to the CP controller last year ( this is redirected post). It was pretty easy. I haven't bothered with iNet though, happy just to have the timer.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back